Re: Dead pixel or not??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Meat Plow, Jul 19, 2010.

  1. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:22:52 -0400, rfdjr1 wrote:

    > Towards the upper left corner of my screen, I see what looks to be a
    > dead pixel, one little white spot,

    Used to be there had to be a certain percentage of bad pixels before you
    could return a monitor. The only TFT screen I've had since 2003 that had
    one stuck in the on position was on a Toshiba 1903 laptop.

    --
    Altopia.com $12/m 10 unlimited connections
    Meat Plow, Jul 19, 2010

  2. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 12:28:50 -0700, Steve wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:22:52 -0400, rfdjr1 wrote:
    >>
    >> > Towards the upper left corner of my screen, I see what looks to be a
    >> > dead pixel, one little white spot,

    >> Used to be there had to be a certain percentage of bad pixels before
    >> you could return a monitor. The only TFT screen I've had since 2003
    >> that had one stuck in the on position was on a Toshiba 1903 laptop.

    > Or the OP could have it replaced under warranty and forgo the
    > histrionics.

    Depends on the return policy. They could exchanged it with one stuck
    pixel or they might not. My educated guess is they won't.
    Meat Plow, Jul 19, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:33:11 -0700, Steve wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 12:28:50 -0700, Steve wrote:
    >>
    >> > In article <>,
    >> > says...

    >> > Or the OP could have it replaced under warranty and forgo the
    >> > histrionics.

    >> Depends on the return policy. They could exchanged it with one stuck
    >> pixel or they might not. My educated guess is they won't.

    > http://www.dell.com/us/en/dfo/peripherals/monitor-dell-u2410/pd.aspx?
    > refid=monitor-dell-u2410&s=dfo
    >
    > Quote:
    >
    > Zero Bright Pixels
    > Under Dell's Premium Panel Guarantee*, you will receive a replacement
    > UltraSharp monitor should even one bright defective pixel appear on the
    > screen.
    >
    > End quote.

    If the OP had that Premium Panel Guarantee that's great news for him.
    Meat Plow, Jul 20, 2010