Re: Dead pixel or not??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, Jul 19, 2010.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:

    > Okay, good. So I thought maybe it's an artifact in the picture itself, so I
    > opened it with Paint Shop Pro figuring if it was there, I could just touch it
    > up. It doesn't show up in PSP. But it's still there on my desktop.

    Perhaps you didn't use your PSP graphics tool properly to find the
    artifact/pixel condition; or perhaps the pixel is 'sick' and can
    display some colors but not others.

    So, if you use some other tool and work on the problem more diligently
    to find the wallpaper's pixel which doesn't suit your monitor's
    pixelpower, then you can make a subtle change in that wallpaper pixel so
    that the defect in your monitor pixelpower which doesn't show itself as
    a 'dead' pixel (because it is still alive, just lame) will be able to
    appear as if all of the monitor pixels are normal or 'good enough' to
    not look like there is a dead pixel.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 19, 2010