Re: Dead computer?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by tas38, Dec 28, 2003.

  1. tas38

    tas38 Guest

    Kathy wrote:

    >It is pretty silly! I got a laugh when she first called and said it
    >was "dead" when she pulled the plug! "Of course it would be, you
    >moron!" I was thinking this in my head, but then she said it was
    >"dead" when she plugged it back in with the surge protector on, so I
    >knew she killed something.... These ppl don't know much about
    >computers. I had to show them about 6 times on how to download the
    >updates, then I set it up to automatically do it, but who knows, I
    >think they changed it again to not automatically do it by the sounds
    >of things..... Anyway, I just found out that she took it somewhere
    >today to get it looked at.... she said she couldn't wait for me to
    >take a look at it.... well, at least I got out of doing another
    >"freebie" *LOL* She said she doesn't like taking it to get it repaired
    >because she said the tech's treat her like an idiot.... I wonder why?
    >*LOL*
    >

    >"JBS" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>Yeah, pretty silly. First of all, the computer would have
    >>

    >automatically
    >

    >>disconnected when it rebooted after downloading the updates. I
    >>

    >wonder if
    >

    >>she even checked to see if the line was still off hook. I have to
    >>

    >use
    >

    >>dial-up where I'm living right now and I use one of those fax-switch
    >>thingies. It works great--don't have to worry that someone tried to
    >>

    >call
    >

    >>while I was online.

    I handle calls like you got, by trouble shooting it over the phone. Then
    say, check this and that as needed. Then I'll say well you will need to
    get this or that done, and tell them the best places they can buy or get
    it checked/fixed. That works pretty good, and if I want to do it for
    them I can also.

    So times you will want to do it, but others you will not. Getting them
    to be apart of your trouble shooting over the phone, gets them doing
    things for them selfs. This also, lets you get them to do it for them
    selfs. As it makes them feel, that they are really doing it for them
    sefts then.

    Now if you want payment for doing the work, if you work on it then just
    say I also can do that and charge $$$ for it. But the the best thing is
    to get them doing stuff, as then it gives you and them more options. And
    it will also, teach them stuff about computers witch is always a good thing.
    tas38, Dec 28, 2003

  2. tas38

    tas38 Guest

    Syphillus wrote:

    >"tas38" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>Kathy wrote:
    >>

    >>>It is pretty silly! I got a laugh when she first called and said it
    >>>was "dead" when she pulled the plug! "Of course it would be, you
    >>>moron!" I was thinking this in my head, but then she said it was
    >>>"dead" when she plugged it back in with the surge protector on, so I
    >>>knew she killed something.... These ppl don't know much about
    >>>computers. I had to show them about 6 times on how to download the
    >>>updates, then I set it up to automatically do it, but who knows, I
    >>>think they changed it again to not automatically do it by the sounds
    >>>of things..... Anyway, I just found out that she took it somewhere
    >>>today to get it looked at.... she said she couldn't wait for me to
    >>>take a look at it.... well, at least I got out of doing another
    >>>"freebie" *LOL* She said she doesn't like taking it to get it repaired
    >>>because she said the tech's treat her like an idiot.... I wonder why?
    >>>*LOL*
    >>>

    >>>"JBS" <> wrote in message

    >>>automatically

    >>>wonder if

    >>>use

    >>>call

    >>I handle calls like you got, by trouble shooting it over the phone. Then
    >>say, check this and that as needed. Then I'll say well you will need to
    >>get this or that done, and tell them the best places they can buy or get
    >>it checked/fixed. That works pretty good, and if I want to do it for
    >>them I can also.
    >>
    >>So times you will want to do it, but others you will not. Getting them
    >>to be apart of your trouble shooting over the phone, gets them doing
    >>things for them selfs. This also, lets you get them to do it for them
    >>selfs. As it makes them feel, that they are really doing it for them
    >>sefts then.
    >>
    >>Now if you want payment for doing the work, if you work on it then just
    >>say I also can do that and charge $$$ for it. But the the best thing is
    >>to get them doing stuff, as then it gives you and them more options. And
    >>it will also, teach them stuff about computers witch is always a good
    >>

    >thing.
    >

    >Tell them to GOOGLE it... :)

    That is a good one, but would never work with family and friends. Like
    my borther, he wanted my help with his computer. And watch my every move
    I made, so I said here you do this and I will help you. You will need to
    learn to do it, and this is the best way to learn. And told him, it ant
    that hard once you get doing it

    Well he moved 1000 miles away, he called me about his computer. And I
    said well you know how to do it, I showed you how. And it will come back
    to you, as you are doing it. So I call him the next day, he said well I
    fix it by god. I said, well don't it feel good doing it your self. He
    said yes it does, and you know what it just come to me from the stuff
    you show me.

    Now that made me feel good, anyways trying to get family and friends
    doing for them selfs is the best way to go. Unless it is your mom, you
    gotta to it for her for sure and for free. There ant no way around it
    some times, even if you don't want to do it. Ok so you can blow your
    own mom off, but that don'tmake it right. And all the bad things, they
    will be saying about you behind your back would be true.
    tas38, Dec 29, 2003