Re: DCSE

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Nick, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    I think that it is kind of silly. The tests only
    concentrate on the minor differences between styles.
    Anyone with eyes can tell what they need to do, (they
    don't even use many screws) so why make people take a
    test? The certification costs $179 per person, per
    model, per year, and then, you have to pay another five
    hundred or so to become a DSP. As a DSP, you do become
    part of their customer support system. After a
    customer calls the dell support line, and are
    determined to need your services, the customer is
    instructed to call you. For the record it is systems
    expert, rather than systems engineer.

    oh ya, it takes about five days for the test to become
    available after you register for it. It is a bunch of
    junk. (but that is just my opinion.)
    --

    Nick
    A+, MCP

    Nick, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Nick

    AcKBaR[KAC] Guest

    Some company expect you to be rated on their equipment. Test are
    actually between 50 bucks and 100. I support large network with
    several Dell severs. Also, it saves the company money if they don't
    have to have someone sent out.

    Jerry A+, NET+,MCP, MCSA/MCSE, DCSE(laptop, desktop, and servers),
    CCNA

    AcKBaR[KAC], Jul 25, 2003

  3. Nick

    Nick Guest

    > Test are
    > actually between 50 bucks and 100.

    That's quite a difference. How long ago did you take them?
    --

    Nick
    A+, Network+, MCP

    Nick, Jul 26, 2003
  4. Nick

    AcKBaR[KAC] Guest

    they are good for 1 year and i took the last batch in Jan of this
    year. they are pretty simple and you get to take up to five practice
    test first.

    AcKBaR[KAC], Jul 26, 2003