Re: David Tennant quits Who

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Kerry, Oct 31, 2008.

  1. Kerry

    Kerry Guest

    On Oct 31, 12:01 am, Carnations <> wrote:
    > David Tennant quits Who
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/30/tennant_quits_who/
    >
    > "" David Tennant will step down as Doctor Who when he's completed filming
    > on the four special episodes slated to hit the small screen in 2009-2010,
    > the BBC has confirmed. ""
    >
    > Also:
    >
    > David Tennant to leave Doctor Who
    >
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/news/latest/081029_news_04
    >
    > "" David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC
    > drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special
    > episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010. ""
    >
    > No major surprises, but now it has been officially announced. Still no
    > word on who will be the new doctor.
    >
    > --
    > Dilger: "Microsoft is first and foremost a marketing
    > company that flogs third rate technology products."

    Thank goodness

    Dr Who is not American!

    Kerry, Oct 31, 2008

  2. Kerry

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    "Kerry" <> wrote in message
    > On Oct 31, 12:01 am, Carnations <> wrote:
    >> David Tennant quits Who
    >>
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/30/tennant_quits_who/
    >>
    >> "" David Tennant will step down as Doctor Who when he's completed filming
    >> on the four special episodes slated to hit the small screen in 2009-2010,
    >> the BBC has confirmed. ""
    >>

    > Thank goodness
    >
    > Dr Who is not American!

    I don't understand. Nor is David Tennant.

    Nik Coughlin, Oct 31, 2008

  3. Kerry

    Kerry Guest

    On Oct 31, 10:17 pm, Carnations <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:31:49 -0700, Kerry wrote:
    > > Dr Who is not American!

    > And neither is David Tennant. I understand that he is 100% British,
    > having been born in Scotland and having never been a resident of the USA.
    >
    > John Barrowman, OTOH, was born in Scotland, but did most of his schooling
    > in the USA before returning back to the UK as a singer/actor. Barrowman
    > is primarily a Singer.
    >
    > --
    > Dilger: "Microsoft is first and foremost a marketing
    > company that flogs third rate technology products."

    Hahahaha yes I was thinking of John Barrowman (Dr Who/Torchwood(which
    is an anagram of Dr Who)

    And He's not American either! Born in Glasgow. The accent got me

    Kerry, Oct 31, 2008
  4. Kerry

    Miche Guest

    In article <>,
    Carnations <> wrote:

    > On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:31:49 -0700, Kerry wrote:
    >
    > > Dr Who is not American!

    > And neither is David Tennant. I understand that he is 100% British,
    > having been born in Scotland and having never been a resident of the USA.
    >
    > John Barrowman, OTOH, was born in Scotland, but did most of his schooling
    > in the USA before returning back to the UK as a singer/actor. Barrowman
    > is primarily a Singer.

    He's also a pretty good actor, as it turns out.

    Miche

    --
    Electricians do it in three phases

    Miche, Oct 31, 2008
  5. Kerry

    Miche Guest

    In article <>,
    Carnations <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 11:09:59 +1300, Miche wrote:
    >
    > >> John Barrowman, OTOH, was born in Scotland, but did most of his
    > >> schooling in the USA before returning back to the UK as a singer/actor.
    > >> Barrowman is primarily a Singer.

    > > He's also a pretty good actor, as it turns out.

    > Yes. And gorgeous too. :eek:)

    Right with you there. ;)

    Miche

    --
    Electricians do it in three phases

    Miche, Nov 1, 2008
  6. Kerry

    Kerry Guest

    On Nov 1, 1:15 pm, Miche <> wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    >  Carnations <> wrote:

    > > > He's also a pretty good actor, as it turns out.

    > > Yes. And gorgeous too. :eek:)

    > Right with you there. ;)
    >
    > Miche
    >
    > --
    > Electricians do it in three phases

    Gay too.

    Saw an episode of Who Do You Think You Are where he investigated
    whether he was born or made gay

    Kerry, Nov 8, 2008
  7. Kerry

    Kerry Guest

    On Nov 8, 6:12 pm, Kerry <> wrote:
    > On Nov 1, 1:15 pm, Miche <> wrote:
    >

    > > In article <>,

    > >  Carnations <> wrote:

    > > > Yes. And gorgeous too. :eek:)

    > > Right with you there. ;)

    > > Miche

    > > --
    > > Electricians do it in three phases

    > Gay too.
    >
    > Saw an episode of Who Do You Think You Are where he investigated
    > whether he was born or made gay

    Sorry it was The Making of Me

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ivNjCdKm04

    Kerry, Nov 8, 2008
  8. Kerry

    Miche Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Kerry <> wrote:

    > On Nov 1, 1:15 pm, Miche <> wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > >
    > >  Carnations <> wrote:

    > > > Yes. And gorgeous too. :eek:)

    > > Right with you there. ;)

    > Gay too.

    Oh, I know _that_. Doesn't make him any less gorgeous.

    > Saw an episode of Who Do You Think You Are where he investigated
    > whether he was born or made gay

    Yeah, I know it exists. Haven't seen it yet.

    Miche

    --
    Electricians do it in three phases

    Miche, Nov 8, 2008
  9. Kerry

    Miche Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Kerry <> wrote:

    > On Nov 8, 6:12 pm, Kerry <> wrote:
    > > On Nov 1, 1:15 pm, Miche <> wrote:

    > > > Right with you there. ;)

    > > > Miche

    > > > --
    > > > Electricians do it in three phases

    > > Gay too.
    > >
    > > Saw an episode of Who Do You Think You Are where he investigated
    > > whether he was born or made gay

    > Sorry it was The Making of Me
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ivNjCdKm04

    Thanks for the link!

    Miche

    --
    Electricians do it in three phases

    Miche, Nov 8, 2008
  10. Kerry

    Kerry Guest

    On Nov 8, 7:12 pm, Carnations <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 21:17:16 -0800, Kerry wrote:
    > > Sorry it was The Making of Me

    > and it was an excellent programme.
    >
    > --
    > Dilger: "Microsoft is first and foremost a marketing
    > company that flogs third rate technology products."

    Yes and why do we never get such programmes ont he mainstream
    channels?

    Prime is good at bringing things in under the wire

    Will the new government improve the qaulity of our TV channels?

    Or will it be free enterprise competition for the lowest common
    denominator and 3 channels of Sensing Murder and its ilk?

    Kerry, Nov 8, 2008
  11. Kerry

    Steven_Wevodau

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    YouTube link

    Steven Wevodau says: great YouTube link! Thanks for sharing!

    Steven_Wevodau, Nov 9, 2008
  12. Kerry

    Miche Guest

    In article <>,
    Carnations <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 23:33:56 +1300, Miche wrote:
    >
    > >> Gay too.

    > > Oh, I know _that_. Doesn't make him any less gorgeous.

    > I think that my viewpoint is the same as yours when I consider the
    > various gorgeous straight men playing certain roles in TV programmes.
    >
    > Window Shopping is not a bad thing.
    >

    > >> Saw an episode of Who Do You Think You Are where he investigated
    > >> whether he was born or made gay

    > > Yeah, I know it exists. Haven't seen it yet.

    > It is very interesting - not least because you see him being himself, and
    > you hear his gorgeous native Scottish accent - albeit with an American
    > influence.

    I watched it last night, and it was fascinating. I love the way his
    accent switches when he's with his family! To the point where he sounds
    American when talking to his American nephew, and Scottish when talking
    to his Scots mum and dad. A linguist's dream. :)

    Miche

    --
    Electricians do it in three phases

    Miche, Nov 9, 2008