Re: David Tennant quits Who

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Katipo, Oct 30, 2008.

  1. Katipo

    Katipo Guest

    "Carnations" <> wrote in message
    > David Tennant quits Who
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/30/tennant_quits_who/
    >
    > "" David Tennant will step down as Doctor Who when he's completed filming
    > on the four special episodes slated to hit the small screen in 2009-2010,
    > the BBC has confirmed. ""
    >

    > Also:
    >
    > David Tennant to leave Doctor Who
    >
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/news/latest/081029_news_04
    >
    > "" David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC
    > drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special
    > episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010. ""
    >
    > No major surprises, but now it has been officially announced. Still no
    > word on who will be the new doctor.

    Once the "next lucky git" takes over the Doctor will be down to his last
    three regenerations.

    Katipo, Oct 30, 2008

  2. Katipo

    Enkidu Guest

    Carnations wrote:
    > On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:55:50 +1300, Katipo wrote:
    >
    >> Once the "next lucky git" takes over the Doctor will be down to his
    >> last three regenerations.

    > Yeah, but given that he's over 903 years old and has been chewing
    > through regenerations at a rate of one every three years or so in
    > recent times I'm sure that they'll figure a way around it. But even
    > so, that's probably maybe 10 years away before they have to do a
    > "special" regeneration. :eek:)

    They did a 'special' one in the 'Final' where he regenerated but sent
    the 'execess energy' off to his hand, which Donna later tapped to save
    the day. Are you counting that one?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    Tax is not theft.

    Enkidu, Oct 31, 2008

  3. Katipo

    > On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:55:50 +1300, Katipo wrote:
    >
    >> Once the "next lucky git" takes over the Doctor will be down to his last
    >> three regenerations.

    > Yeah, but given that he's over 903 years old and has been chewing through
    > regenerations at a rate of one every three years or so in recent times
    > I'm sure that they'll figure a way around it. But even so, that's
    > probably maybe 10 years away before they have to do a "special"
    > regeneration. :eek:)

    Oh there is a way around the problem. The Master was once given a new set of
    regenerations by the bosses on Gallifrey in exchange for helping the Doctor.

    Katipo, Nov 1, 2008
  4. Katipo

    Miche Guest

    In article <gegdit$19o$>,
    "Katipo" <> wrote:

    > "Carnations" <> wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:55:50 +1300, Katipo wrote:
    > >
    > >> Once the "next lucky git" takes over the Doctor will be down to his last
    > >> three regenerations.

    > > Yeah, but given that he's over 903 years old and has been chewing through
    > > regenerations at a rate of one every three years or so in recent times
    > > I'm sure that they'll figure a way around it. But even so, that's
    > > probably maybe 10 years away before they have to do a "special"
    > > regeneration. :eek:)
    > >

    > Oh there is a way around the problem. The Master was once given a new set of
    > regenerations by the bosses on Gallifrey in exchange for helping the Doctor.

    Oh, the writers of Doctor Who have reverse-engineered all sorts of
    stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the Doctor has more regenerations
    than the "standard" twelve (or thirteen, depending on who you talk to).

    Miche

    --
    Electricians do it in three phases

    Miche, Nov 1, 2008
  5. On Oct 31, 7:46 pm, Enkidu <> wrote:
    [snip]
    > They did a 'special' one in the 'Final' where he regenerated but sent
    > the 'execess energy' off to his hand, which Donna later tapped to save
    > the day.

    And a special public hat-tip to nz.general's Misfit. Thank you for
    sending it to me.

    misanthropic_curmudgeon, Nov 2, 2008
  6. On Nov 1, 3:06 pm, "Katipo" <> wrote:
    [snip]
    > The Master was once given a new set of
    > regenerations by the bosses on Gallifrey in exchange for helping the Doctor.

    Or they could pass the mantle to his daughter.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doctor's_Daughter

    misanthropic_curmudgeon, Nov 2, 2008
  7. Katipo

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "misanthropic_curmudgeon" typed:
    > On Oct 31, 7:46 pm, Enkidu <> wrote:
    > [snip]
    >> They did a 'special' one in the 'Final' where he regenerated but sent
    >> the 'execess energy' off to his hand, which Donna later tapped to
    >> save the day.

    > And a special public hat-tip to nz.general's Misfit. Thank you for
    > sending it to me.

    Hehee, you're more than welcome MC, thanks for the acknowledgement. ;-)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Nov 2, 2008
  8. Katipo

    Squiggle Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs "misanthropic_curmudgeon" typed:
    >> On Oct 31, 7:46 pm, Enkidu <> wrote:
    >> [snip]
    >>> They did a 'special' one in the 'Final' where he regenerated but sent
    >>> the 'execess energy' off to his hand, which Donna later tapped to
    >>> save the day.

    >> And a special public hat-tip to nz.general's Misfit. Thank you for
    >> sending it to me.

    > Hehee, you're more than welcome MC, thanks for the acknowledgement. ;-)

    Donna? Who the heck is Donna? I'm hazarding a guess she might be the
    lady in the bridal outfit in the final of season 2? I've just finished
    watching that one, and am already most of my way thru my download cap.
    Guess I'm waiting to next month to find out :)

    Squiggle, Nov 7, 2008
  9. Katipo

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Squiggle" typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs "misanthropic_curmudgeon" typed:
    >>> On Oct 31, 7:46 pm, Enkidu <> wrote:
    >>> [snip]
    >>> And a special public hat-tip to nz.general's Misfit. Thank you for
    >>> sending it to me.

    >> Hehee, you're more than welcome MC, thanks for the acknowledgement.
    >> ;-)

    > Donna? Who the heck is Donna? I'm hazarding a guess she might be the
    > lady in the bridal outfit in the final of season 2? I've just
    > finished watching that one, and am already most of my way thru my
    > download cap. Guess I'm waiting to next month to find out :)

    I'd love to be able to help you but I only have series 4. I watched (read:
    recorded then watched ad-free at my leisure) the earlier series on Prime.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Nov 7, 2008
  10. Katipo

    Squiggle Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Squiggle" typed:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs "misanthropic_curmudgeon" typed:
    >>> Hehee, you're more than welcome MC, thanks for the acknowledgement.
    >>> ;-)

    >> Donna? Who the heck is Donna? I'm hazarding a guess she might be the
    >> lady in the bridal outfit in the final of season 2? I've just
    >> finished watching that one, and am already most of my way thru my
    >> download cap. Guess I'm waiting to next month to find out :)

    > I'd love to be able to help you but I only have series 4. I watched (read:
    > recorded then watched ad-free at my leisure) the earlier series on Prime.

    Its the thought that counts. Thanks! I'm sure one of the geeks at uni
    will have it.

    Squiggle, Nov 7, 2008