    can arrange to make contact. The person I know is currently pursuing
    his legal options.

    Thanks, and good luck.

    Speevie, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Speevie

    Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 01:11:33 GMT, (Speevie) wrote:

    >Hi Tim,
    >
    >I know of a person who was scammed by this eBay seller. If you would
    >like to exchange information, please respond to this message, and we
    >can arrange to make contact. The person I know is currently pursuing
    >his legal options.
    >
    >Thanks, and good luck.
    >

    >On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:52:47 GMT, "Tim"
    ><#s> wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone else been screwed over by these people ?
    >>They sold computers on eBay and never delivered the goods. I'm out $721.00.

    Here's the drill.

    Send various polite communications to the alleged seller. Keep a copy
    of each and all responses. Don't get drawn into a pissing match.

    File with square deal, ebay, paypal, credit card. Study everybody's
    complaint pages (if you can find them). Do your filings within the
    respective time frames.

    If ebay suspends the seller, it's a slam dunk. The credit card will
    cover. Paypal will rule in your favor, but probably won't reimburse.
    Also, paypal will send you an unhappy letter when the credit card
    sucks back the money.

    When my seller was suspended from ebay, I informed him that I was no
    longer accepting his offer to ship and that I would refuse any
    shipment - just send the $. The deal was necessarily contingent on him
    being a ebay seller in good standing. And ebay supports this.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    , Nov 20, 2003

  3. Speevie

    Speevie Guest

    Hi Roy, thanks for offering up that advice, I'm sure it will help
    somebody.

    An attorney I know is currently trying to track down the individual
    behind 'Datavault'. A mutual friend of ours paid with a MONEY ORDER
    (sigh), never received his equipment, and is too nice to have realized
    he was being ripped off. He had contact with the seller for weeks
    after the auction ended, but got nothing but excuses and false
    promises. By the time he realized the seller was not honest, the time
    limit to make complaints to eBay had passed (or so I understand, I'm
    not an eBay user myself).

    Thanks again to anyone who can offer any information about the eBay
    seller 'Datavault'.

    Speevie, Nov 20, 2003