Re: D300 Problems - What went wrong?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by otter, Aug 10, 2012.

  1. otter

    otter Guest

    On Aug 10, 3:21 am, Eric Stevens <> wrote:

    > My question is, can anyone throw any light on what went wrong? I'm
    > inclined to suspect the memory card but I have no real basis for this.
    > What worries me is the possibility of it happening again.

    I don't know the answer, but it seems that key factors were attaching
    a heavy lens to the camera, and then holding it in an unusual position
    (upside down on your foot). Maybe the position caused stress which
    affected the electrical contacts in the lens mount, or maybe even the
    mirror or shutter. Or maybe this episode is unrelated to anything you
    were doing.
    otter, Aug 10, 2012