Re: D20 File System

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dave R knows who, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. "Minou" <> wrote in message
    news:BE12CAD3.3D3B5%...
    > I'm very new to the d20.

    We can tell from your subject line. :)

    > I don't really understand the file system. I took
    > about 30 photographs on the same day. The files were saved
    > in 3 different xxxcanon files. Why doesn't the camera save all the
    > recent files in one folder on the camera?

    Sounds like the Rebel in that you get a new folder for every 100 files.

    > I'm trying to figure out the workflow, from RAW to JPG. I appreciate
    > your advice.

    You can use the Canon software but you really want Photoshop CS with the RAW
    plug-in, about half the cost of the camera.

    Dave R knows who, Jan 18, 2005

  2. Dave R knows who wrote:
    > "Minou" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I'm very new to the d20.

    > We can tell from your subject line. :)

    It's a 20D, but everyone transposes something at some point....

    >>I don't really understand the file system. I took
    >>about 30 photographs on the same day. The files were saved
    >>in 3 different xxxcanon files. Why doesn't the camera save all the
    >>recent files in one folder on the camera?

    For the number of folders, to minimize, simply reformat the card before
    each shoot (assuming, of course, you've safely downloaded the images you
    want to keep.)

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Jan 18, 2005

  3. Dave R knows who

    Minou Guest

    On 1/18/05 3:19 PM, in article , "John
    McWilliams" <> wrote:

    > Dave R knows who wrote:
    >> "Minou" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I'm very new to the d20.

    >> We can tell from your subject line. :)

    <Dying of embarrassment.> Thank you for understanding :)

    Minou, Jan 18, 2005
  4. Dave R knows who

    Barry Guest

    >> I'm trying to figure out the workflow, from RAW to JPG. I appreciate
    >> your advice.

    >You can use the Canon software but you really want Photoshop CS with the RAW
    >plug-in, about half the cost of the camera.

    Or you can try BibblePro for your RAW processing.
    It's priced at $129 (US). There is a 15 day trial.

    www.bibblelabs.com

    Barry, Jan 19, 2005