Re: Cutting through the c.o.l.a. ca-ca

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lolog the disobliging, Feb 7, 2005.

  1. DFS, <>, the acellular, arboreal black sheep, and keeper of
    the pantry, griped:

    > Which statement best describes current Linux distros?
    >
    > a. light, fast and sleek
    > b. heavy, slow and bloated
    >
    > Read to find out: http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=7324

    The following deserves a quote:

    "I've been running Linux for five years (and am a huge supporter)...
    Recently, a friend of mine expressed an interest in running Linux on his
    machine. Sick and tired of endless spyware and viruses, he wanted a way
    out -- so I gave him a copy of Mandrake 10.0 Official. A couple of days
    later, he got back to me with the sad news I was prepared for: it's just too
    slow. His box, an 600 MHz 128MB RAM system, ran Windows XP happily, but with
    Mandrake it was considerably slower. Not only did it take longer to boot up,
    it crawled when running several major apps (Mozilla, OpenOffice.org and
    Evolution on top of KDE) and suffered more desktop glitches and bugs."

    Lolog the disobliging, Feb 7, 2005

  2. Lolog the disobliging

    Liam Slider Guest

    On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:35:12 +0545, Lolog the disobliging wrote:

    > His box, an 600 MHz 128MB RAM system, ran Windows XP happily,

    Yeah, and I'm the Pope.

    Liam Slider, Feb 7, 2005

  3. Liam Slider, <>, the fringed, knocked-out
    gnatcatcher, and hermit and heretic, blasphemed:

    > On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:35:12 +0545, Lolog the disobliging wrote:
    >
    >> His box, an 600 MHz 128MB RAM system, ran Windows XP happily,

    > Yeah, and I'm the Pope.

    Oh, good. You'll be dead soon then.

    Jong the finger-dogmatiser, Feb 7, 2005
  4. Lolog the disobliging

    Mr Floppy Guest

    Liam Slider wiped, flushed and then wrote into alt.os.windows-xp:

    > On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:35:12 +0545, Lolog the disobliging wrote:
    >
    >> His box, an 600 MHz 128MB RAM system, ran Windows XP happily,

    > Yeah, and I'm the Pope.

    Hows your throat?

    --
    Mr Floppy

    Mr Floppy, Feb 7, 2005
  5. Lolog the disobliging

    S.Heenan Guest

    Lin√łnut" <"=?iso-8859-1?Q?lin=F8nut?= wrote:
    > Lolog the disobliging poked his little head through the XP firewall
    > and said:
    >
    >> "I've been running Linux for five years (and am a huge supporter)...
    >> Recently, a friend of mine expressed an interest in running Linux on
    >> his machine. Sick and tired of endless spyware and viruses, he
    >> wanted a way
    >> out -- so I gave him a copy of Mandrake 10.0 Official. A couple of
    >> days later, he got back to me with the sad news I was prepared for:
    >> it's just too slow. His box, an 600 MHz 128MB RAM system, ran
    >> Windows XP happily, but with Mandrake it was considerably slower.
    >> Not only did it take longer to boot up, it crawled when running
    >> several major apps (Mozilla, OpenOffice.org and Evolution on top of
    >> KDE) and suffered more desktop glitches and bugs."

    --
    "Even a broken clock is going to be once twice a day." - Jedidiah in
    cola

    S.Heenan, Feb 8, 2005
  6. Lolog the disobliging

    7 Guest

    nntp.giganews.com!pd7cy2so!shaw.ca!pd7tw1no.POSTED S.Heenan wrote:

    Heena gurl is such a time wasting lame luser.
    And the pricky wiki knows it too!

    7, Feb 8, 2005