Re: Custom Computer

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by draga, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. draga

    draga Guest

    The mobo also has a decent sound card built onto it.

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > The only items I would have reservations about would be the Audigy card.
    > I've seen and dealt with so many damn bugs with Creative labs drivers

    since
    > the LIVE! series came out, I would probably consider a hercules card
    > instead. Additionally, if you haven't considered a Radeon card, they are
    > well worth a look. Not that the Geforce card you listed isn't decent

    though.

    draga, Aug 30, 2003

  2. draga

    Danny Guest

    Thanks for the adivce guys. In addition to the advice you all have
    provided, I have gotten some from other sites, and this is the new
    updated list I've come up with. Now, all I need is some suggestions
    for cooling (fans and hd cooler), an exceptional low-cost video card,
    a floppy drive, and a CD-ROM drive.

    -Surge Protector---------------------------------------------------------
    [x] Belkin Universal UPS 800VA
    $100.00

    -Processor---------------------------------------------------------------
    [ ] AMD Athlon 2800 XP $???
    [ ] AMD Athlon 3200 XP $467.00

    -Hard Drive--------------------------------------------------------------
    [x] Western Digital Enterprise Serial ATA Hard Drive WD Raptor
    $169.99
    [ ] Western Digital 120 GB 8 MB Cache - 7200 RPM Ultra ATA/100
    $129.99

    -Mother Board------------------------------------------------------------
    [x] ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
    $124.00

    -Case--------------------------------------------------------------------
    [x] Antec Preformance II SX1040BII $119.00

    -Ram---------------------------------------------------------------------
    [x] Kingston 1GB Kit HyperX DDR 333MHz DIMM CL2
    $240.00
    [ ] Kingston 512MB Kit HyperX DDR 333MHz DIMM CL2
    $133.00

    -Video Card--------------------------------------------------------------
    [x] Ultra 750- 8X AGP GeForce4 Ti4800SE AGP 8X 128MB DDR
    $156.99

    -Sound Card--------------------------------------------------------------
    [ ] CREATIVE Soundblaster Audigy Gamer $79.99

    [x] Creative Inspire™ 4.1 4400 $50-$100

    [x] Cooler Master TLF-R82 x3
    $15.00

    [x] Logitech® Cordless MX™ Duo