Re: CSV merge data via HTTP: redundant downloads?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Doug Robbins - Word MVP, Feb 23, 2010.

  1. The answer was provided via the microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
    newsgroup. It was propogated to the text newsgroup because the OP had
    cross-posted to that group.

    --
    Hope this helps,

    Doug Robbins - Word MVP

    a paid professional basis.

    Doug Robbins - Word MVP, Feb 23, 2010

  2. If you look at the header of your message, you will see that it is posted to
    the following newsgroups:

    microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.test.here

    I replied to it in the first of those newsgroups.

    The 24hoursupport.helpdesk newsgroup however cannot be resolved by my news
    program so my responses are not being posted to that group.
    --
    Hope this helps,

    Doug Robbins - Word MVP

    a paid professional basis.

    Doug Robbins - Word MVP, Feb 23, 2010

  3. Doug Robbins - Word MVP

    richard Guest

    Re: TROLL ALERT

    On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:39:10 -0500, Bullwinkle wrote:

    > TROLL SPEAK BELOW!
    >

    > "~BD~" <> wrote in message
    > Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
    >>
    >> Looking at the headers of the messages, I see that it was ~BD~'s first
    >> message that was the first one to be cross posted. Thereafter, unless
    >> the headers of message trimmed, a reply to group ends up in all of the
    >> groups (even apparently to a group in respect of which a message that
    >> the group could not be resolved is received).
    >>
    >> I value Andy's comments about MVPs with what I paid for them.
    >>

    > Doug, in some ways you are correct. The first post I made - in *this*
    > thread (in this newsgroup) I did, indeed, cross post.
    >
    > What you don't *seem* to have appreciated is that Mark McGinty had
    > started a *different* thread in the MS "test' newsgroup - I suspect that
    > you've not actually been there to look. Maybe it would help you to
    > better understand if you did so now!
    >
    > What I had *tried* to do was offer a helping hand to Mr McGinty.
    >
    > I was, and indeed still am, curious about the reason why D.H.Lipman was
    > also monitoring a test group (I explained why I was so doing). If I were
    > *really* paranoid I'd suspect that he was simply stalking *me*!
    >
    > What explanation might you put forward?

    Yes you are obviously a troll. You talk trash about how a certain person
    does one thing, then you turn around and crosspost your totally asenine
    reply to a group which has no bearing on the original discussion in any
    way.

    You are a total waste of time and bandwidth.

    richard, Feb 23, 2010
  4. My aim is to provide help to users who have problems with the application of
    the software and I am not the least interested in what goes on in the test
    newsgroup.

    --
    Hope this helps,

    Doug Robbins - Word MVP

    a paid professional basis.

    Doug Robbins - Word MVP, Feb 23, 2010
  5. In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Doug Robbins - Word MVP cross-posted:

    > My aim is to provide help to users who have problems with the
    > application of the software and I am not the least interested in what
    > goes on in the test newsgroup.

    Then you should take pains to make sure you don't post to it/them.

    You could begin by using a newsreader that warns of cross-posts.

    > -- Hope this helps,
    >
    > Doug Robbins - Word MVP
    >
    > Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my
    > services on a paid professional basis.

    I'd consider that, if I had an extra pfennig or two.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 23, 2010
  6. Re: TROLL ALERT

    richard <> via news:1tn6k1y29ee55$.1bflib1bpkd3$.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:39:10 -0500, Bullwinkle wrote:
    >
    >> TROLL SPEAK BELOW!
    >>

    >> "~BD~" <> wrote in message
    >> Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Looking at the headers of the messages, I see that it was ~BD~'s first
    >>> message that was the first one to be cross posted. Thereafter, unless
    >>> the headers of message trimmed, a reply to group ends up in all of the
    >>> groups (even apparently to a group in respect of which a message that
    >>> the group could not be resolved is received).
    >>>
    >>> I value Andy's comments about MVPs with what I paid for them.
    >>>

    >> Doug, in some ways you are correct. The first post I made - in *this*
    >> thread (in this newsgroup) I did, indeed, cross post.
    >>
    >> What you don't *seem* to have appreciated is that Mark McGinty had
    >> started a *different* thread in the MS "test' newsgroup - I suspect that
    >> you've not actually been there to look. Maybe it would help you to
    >> better understand if you did so now!
    >>
    >> What I had *tried* to do was offer a helping hand to Mr McGinty.
    >>
    >> I was, and indeed still am, curious about the reason why D.H.Lipman was
    >> also monitoring a test group (I explained why I was so doing). If I were
    >> *really* paranoid I'd suspect that he was simply stalking *me*!
    >>
    >> What explanation might you put forward?

    > Yes you are obviously a troll. You talk trash about how a certain person
    > does one thing, then you turn around and crosspost your totally asenine
    > reply to a group which has no bearing on the original discussion in any
    > way.
    >
    > You are a total waste of time and bandwidth.

    [... non-relevant newgropes snipped as recipients
    to this invaluable and totally useful remark...]

    Pot > kettle > doodiehed! LOLing...

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    so... what are your other 2 wishes?

    Bucky Breeder, Feb 24, 2010
  7. Doug Robbins - Word MVP

    POGO PUNY Guest

    Re: TROLL ALERT

    In article <Xns9D294F78FA65BBuckyGram@216.151.153.167>,
    Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    wrote:

    > Pot > kettle > doodiehed! LOLing...

    Poor BucKy...nice to see what mental illness looks like in action

    POGO PUNY, Feb 24, 2010
  8. Re: TROLL ALERT

    POGO PUNY <> via

    Bucky Breeder, Feb 24, 2010
  9. Re: TROLL ALERT

    POGO PUNY <> via

    > so THAT is what happens when my mama gets BuTT-****'d

    Yeah... she has a lettle TURD like YOU who don't know its name
    or how st00pip it looks - and a geriatric diaper smells no
    matter what nym it morphs into! <GERIATRIC-DIAPER-WEDGIE-you!>

    Bucky Breeder, Feb 24, 2010
  10. Doug Robbins - Word MVP

    POGO PUNY Guest

    Re: TROLL ALERT

    In article <Xns9D295748F2C55BuckyGram@207.246.207.164>,
    wrote:

    > POGO PUNY <> via
    > >
    > > so THAT is what happens when my mama gets BuTT-****'d

    > Yeah... she has a lettle TURD like YOU who don't know its name
    > or how st00pip it looks - and a geriatric diaper smells no
    > matter what nym it morphs into! <GERIATRIC-DIAPER-WEDGIE-you!>

    SO....u'r mama gets BuTT-****'d???

    Nice

    I expect that he learnt THAT from u FAG BOi

    Bucky Breeder, Feb 24, 2010
  12. Doug Robbins - Word MVP

    POGO PUNY Guest

    Re: TROLL ALERT

    In article <Xns9D2961673FFB3BuckyGram@216.151.153.168>,
    wrote:

    > POGO PUNY <> via
    >
    > so THAT is what happens when u'r mama gets BuTT-****'d
    >
    > Yeah... she has a lettle TURD like YOU who don't know its name
    > or how st00pip it looks - and a geriatric diaper smells no
    > matter what nym it morphs into! <GERIATRIC-DIAPER-WEDGIE-you!>

    still into them diapers huh BITCH BOi?

    POGO PUNY, Feb 24, 2010
  13. Re: TROLL ALERT

    POGO PUNY <> via

    > so THAT is what happens when my mama gets BuTT-****'d
    > after my seester give's 'em head-secks wif her naystey mouf

    Yeah... she has a lettle TURD like YOU who don't know its own
    name or how st00pid it looks - and your loaded geriatric-diaper
    smells no matter what nym it morphs into!

    <GERIATRIC-DIAPER-WEDGIE-you!>

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; So...
    what are your other 2 wishes?

    Repent! The end is near....
    So, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

    Bucky Breeder, Feb 24, 2010
  14. Doug Robbins - Word MVP

    POGO PUNY Guest

    Re: TROLL ALERT

    In article <Xns9D2970E061E7EBuckyGram@216.151.153.167>,

    u'r mommy needs changed u ****'d BITCH

    POGO PUNY, Feb 24, 2010
  15. Re: TROLL ALERT

    POGO PUNY <> via

    > so THAT is what happens when my mama gets BuTT-****'d
    > after my seester give's 'em head-secks wif her naystey mouf
    > beecauz her pooty-hole is all floppy from the donkey shows

    Yeah... she has a lettle TURD like YOU who don't know its own name
    or how st00pid it looks - and your loaded geriatric-diaper smells
    no matter what retarded nym it morphs into and NSP posts from!

    Bucky Breeder, Feb 24, 2010
  16. Doug Robbins - Word MVP

    POGO PUNY Guest

    Re: TROLL ALERT

    In article <Xns9D29777D7B4EFBuckyGram@207.246.207.21>,
    wrote:

    > POGO PUNY <> via
    >
    > > so THAT is what happens when my mama gets BuTT-****'d
    > > after my seester give's 'em head-secks wif her naystey mouf
    > > beecauz her pooty-hole is all floppy from the donkey shows

    > Yeah... she has a lettle TURD like YOU who don't know its own name
    > or how st00pid it looks - and your loaded geriatric-diaper smells
    > no matter what retarded nym it morphs into and NSP posts from!
    >
    > <GERIATRIC-DIAPER-WEDGIE-you!>

    Poor gay Buck Buck...did u get u'r mommy's diaper dropping all over u?

    POGO PUNY, Feb 24, 2010
  17. Doug Robbins - Word MVP

    MEB Guest

    On 02/24/2010 06:39 PM, ~BD~ wrote:
    > David H. Lipman wrote:
    >> From: "~BD~" <>
    >>
    >> < snip>

    >> | OK - I've done that for you! :)
    >>
    >> /* Thus again proving his Troll status ! */

    > So you *are* stalking me - *WHY*?
    >
    > Just one honest answer from you, *just one*, might help matters!
    >
    > You are poisoning your reputation all by yourself, Mr Lipman.
    >
    > Soon no one will trust a word you say - ever.

    Dave, or who ever you are, stop cross posting to all these groups.
    These are PERSONAL issues which you appear to have with certain parties.
    They certainly aren't need here or wanted in MS security.virus, and I'm
    sure these aren't needed or wanted in these other groups.
    All of us build a reputation [or lack thereof] from what we post - what
    the public reads, those "others" make their PERSONAL determination on
    what they read from what *we* post. NONE of those other *personal*
    activities [including personal attacks] actually mean much beyond an
    acceptance or lack of such on an INDIVIDUAL and personal choice basis,
    others may judge differently. Don't HELP those parties who you have
    issues with by extending these activities beyond that present scope,
    otherwise you add "fuel to the fire" and defeat whatever purpose you may
    have thought you had.
    PLEASE spend a few moments contemplating what that means, and to
    understand my attempt to help.

    --
    MEB
    http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm

    MEB, Feb 25, 2010
  18. Re: RETARDED "POOTY-PANTS" ALERT

    POGO "POOTY-PANTS" PUNY <>
    splatter-farted & PHEWWWWIIIIEEEEE'd this via

    > so THAT is what happens when my mama gets BuTT-****'d
    > after my seester give's 'em head-secks wif her naahstay mouf
    > beecauz her pooty-hole is all floppy from the donkey shows

    Yeah... yer mama has a lettle TURD like YOU - who don't know
    its own name or how st00pid it looks - and your loaded
    geriatric-diaper smells no matter what retarded nym
    it morphs into and NSP it posts from!

    Bucky Breeder, Feb 25, 2010
  19. Doug Robbins - Word MVP

    MEB Guest

    On 02/27/2010 05:56 AM, Andy wrote:
    > MEB wrote:

    >>> So you *are* stalking me - *WHY*?
    >>>
    >>> Just one honest answer from you, *just one*, might help matters!
    >>>
    >>> You are poisoning your reputation all by yourself, Mr Lipman.
    >>>
    >>> Soon no one will trust a word you say - ever.
    >>>

    >> Dave, or who ever you are, stop cross posting to all these groups.
    >> These are PERSONAL issues which you appear to have with certain parties.
    >> They certainly aren't need here or wanted in MS security.virus, and I'm
    >> sure these aren't needed or wanted in these other groups.
    >> All of us build a reputation [or lack thereof] from what we post - what
    >> the public reads, those "others" make their PERSONAL determination on
    >> what they read from what *we* post. NONE of those other *personal*
    >> activities [including personal attacks] actually mean much beyond an
    >> acceptance or lack of such on an INDIVIDUAL and personal choice basis,
    >> others may judge differently. Don't HELP those parties who you have
    >> issues with by extending these activities beyond that present scope,
    >> otherwise you add "fuel to the fire" and defeat whatever purpose you may
    >> have thought you had.
    >> PLEASE spend a few moments contemplating what that means, and to
    >> understand my attempt to help.

    > Pissoff, clamface.

    Sp that little thing in your sig is "what?", just some piece of trash
    invented or included to make you *appear* intelligent.

    MEB, Feb 27, 2010