Re: cs3 d90 raw help me please!!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ray, Dec 16, 2008.

  1. ray

    ray Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:47:05 +0000, janedobbs wrote:

    > I brought a NIKON D90 today. I also have the D70 and the D80. My CS3
    > opens the D80 and D70 NEF files without problem, BUT does not recognise
    > the NEF fils from the D90. This is a real pain as I can't work out how
    > to deal with it. The automatic download on CS3 downloads the ACR 4.6
    > update but can't install it.
    > I also downloaded the update file as a ZIP file but have no idea how to
    > get it working on CS3. At the moment, I have on my screen a box with
    > CAMERA_RAW_4.6 - SecureZip Express as the heading and in the box itself
    > a 10MB type 8BI file with ATTRIBUTES stated as "A". Where do I go from
    > here, please?!

    Possibly try ufraw - the d90 is listed as one of the supported cameras.

    ray, Dec 16, 2008

  2. ray

    ray Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:43:16 +0000, janedobbs wrote:

    > Surprise! surprise! I turned of my pc and went to have a coffee. Came
    > back, turned on my pc and a dialogue box popped up telling me that the
    > Adobe update was waiting to be installed - and sure enough, it did
    > install. So I'm really happy now. Except that now I have RAW files for
    > my Canon, different RAW files for the D70/80 and a third type for the
    > D90, this is getting to be rather stupid, don't you think?

    Not really. It's been going that way for a long time. Every manufacturer
    figures, I guess, that they have it right. Actually, I think it's related
    to the easiest way to get the raw data from each particular setup. You
    could easily convert them all to dng and have done with it.

    ray, Dec 16, 2008