Re: Cryptainer LE

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Fred, Mar 29, 2006.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Thanks, will check it out.

    "Fred" <> wrote in

    > I would appreciate any help you gurus can dish out on this problem
    > installing Cryptainer LE...
    >
    > I saw Cryptainer being promoted by earthlink and downloaded the free
    > LE version (full version is PE). Then I installed it, but never could
    > get it to run on my Win98SE. (Supposed to run on everything from Win95
    > on up.)
    >
    > After installing, I reboot, but then the installation program never
    > resumes. If I try to run the program, I get this error message.....
    >
    > LOADER ERROR
    > "The procedure entry point ChangeServiceConfig2A could not be located
    > in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.DLL."
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > Fred

    You could thrash about getting Cryptainer to work or you could switch to
    Truecrypt which has all of Cryptainer's functionality - and lots more!

    What's more, Truecrypt is not only free but *open-source* as well.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/truecrypt/

    and/or

    http://www.truecrypt.org/downloads.php

    Regards,

    PS For an ancient OS like Win98SE you will have to use Truecrypt 1.0

    http://rapidshare.de/files/16638001/Truecrypt_v10_v10a_v20
    _binary_source_and_signatures.zip.html

    [URL line may be split]

    Contains versions 1.0, 1.0a and 2.0 (including source code & signatures) -
    about 3 megs.
    Fred, Mar 29, 2006