Re: Crypt ascii text in file

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by ♥Ari ♥, Feb 20, 2010.

  1. On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:27:10 +0100, Rafael wrote:

    > I looking for a free program for WinXP that
    > cryptic ascii text into a file.txt, with algorithms
    > robust and one or more keyfile.
    > The program should read contents of file.txt
    > encrypt it and save the same file.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Regards

    Xpost to sci.crypt boyz
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj

    ♥Ari ♥, Feb 20, 2010

  2. ♥Ari ♥

    qvo178

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2008
    Messages:
    10
    You can download Simple_Cryptographer it is free.

    qvo178, Feb 23, 2010

  3. ♥Ari ♥

    WTShaw Guest

    On Feb 20, 6:27 am, ♥Ari ♥ <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:27:10 +0100, Rafael wrote:
    > > I  looking for a free program for WinXP that
    > > cryptic ascii text into a file.txt, with algorithms
    > > robust and one or more keyfile.
    > > The program should read contents of file.txt
    > > encrypt it and save the same file.

    > > Thanks

    > > Regards

    > Xpost to sci.crypt boyz
    > --
    > A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
    > Motto: Live To Spooge It!

    I've done it again! While some crypto algorithms work cross-platform
    (Mac vs.Windoze), it is because formats are not encrypted. I've made
    many encryption algorithms work cross platform when ignoring carriage
    returns and form feeds, just letting them through like Patton's
    goose. But, a better solution, not as much problem as asking what
    types of machines are at both ends, is to have programs that make and
    break the same ciphertexts involved using a particular program that
    does that for each machine. My tests beyond success were to abuse the
    process by using the wrong program on the wrong machine, three bad
    possibilities that demonstrated the effectiveness of my remedy.

    The difference is in the encrypt functions is only a couple of lines
    of code. On the Mac, universally change any line terminator to a
    special character to be encrypted, and on the PC, ignore one of the
    two characters used to end each line. I did this with Java Script but
    the strategy should be viable with other languages.

    Since Java Script works in html pages, all messages at each end can be
    text based. You work out the details.

    WTShaw, Mar 9, 2010
  4. ♥Ari ♥

    Maaartin Guest

    On Mar 9, 11:54 pm, WTShaw <> wrote:
    > I've done it again! While some crypto algorithms work cross-platform
    > (Mac vs.Windoze), it is because formats are not encrypted.

    No, it's just because they know they should not care. The simplest and
    (most of the time) best way is to consider a file like a sequence of
    bytes, not trying to find out what they mean. This way you get a
    program working on any system and without hopelessly corrupting binary
    files.

    In case you need to transfer files from one system to another, than
    you can do the conversions. But it has nothing to do with crypto. Even
    ftp I only use in binary mode, sometimes I get bad line endings but
    most programs do not care, and if the do,
    I can convert them afterwards.

    Maaartin, Mar 10, 2010