Re: Crypt ascii text in file

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by David Postill, Feb 15, 2010.

  1. In article <4b7959bd$0$818$>, on Mon, 15 Feb

    Cygwin (http://cygwin.com/) includes crypt...

    --
    David Postill
    Dance your Life - Biodanza in Holland - <http://www.danceyourlife.eu>
    David Postill, Feb 15, 2010

  2. David Postill

    Mike Easter Guest

    Rafael wrote:
    NNTP = telecomitalia.it

    > I looking for a free program for WinXP that
    > cryptic ascii text into a file.txt, with algorithms
    > robust and one or more keyfile.
    > The program should read contents of file.txt
    > encrypt it and save the same file.
    >
    >> Cygwin (http://cygwin.com/) includes crypt...

    > thanks, but I search a program that worked with file.txt
    > and can encrypt the contents of file.txt, with algorithm
    > codfice and algorithm confusion, in addition to one or
    > more keyfile.

    I don't understand - can't parse - your English.

    Maybe you should explain what you are looking for in Italian, and then
    we can use Babelfish or Google to translate it into English.

    http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en
    http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Feb 16, 2010

  3. David Postill

    Regis Guest

    "Rafael" <email@antispam> writes:

    >> Cygwin (http://cygwin.com/) includes crypt...

    > thanks, but I search a program that worked with file.txt
    > and can encrypt the contents of file.txt, with algorithm
    > codfice and algorithm confusion, in addition to one or
    > more keyfile.

    The Cygwin.com package can also install gpg. In the Packages
    hierarchy within the Cygwin setup.exe installer, you will find gnupg
    in the Utils group.

    gpg will encrypt your file.txt very well. http://gnupg.org

    It supports AES, Blowfish and Twofish ciphers--one of those should
    have all the crypto features you need (I'd hope!). It also implements
    asymetric key-based encryption, which I believe you are looking for.

    For the specifics of what cipher will have the features you're looking
    for (gpg supports several ciphers), I would suggest a newsgroup that
    specializes in cryptography, such as sci.crypt or alt.security.pgp
    Regis, Feb 16, 2010