Re: Crossposting

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 17, 2008.

  1. Smirnoff wrote:

    > Using Windows Live Mail.

    My condolences.

    > I know crossposting is not that popular with usenet users (but not as
    > unpopular as multiposting).

    As you've already learned, neither is 'popular', and with multiposting
    far *less* popular because it causes multiple sets of people to all do
    the same (or different) set of work to answer you - when you may have
    already received a good answer in one of the other groups.

    I for one really hate to spend time on an answer, then later find out
    someone else responded with the same information elsewhere.

    > However, I would sometimes like to ask a question both in this group
    > and in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.
    > Anyway, is there a way to crosspost between two news servers?

    Though I don't recommend you do it, I can do exactly that with my robust
    news reader.

    http://40tude.com/dialog/

    As Mike alluded, I also kill crossposts, in my case "greater than
    three." My score file has:

    [*]
    !delete Xpost %>3

    --