Re: Credits toward MCSA(2k or2003)

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Guest, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I emailed MS regarding this and the reply was that it is
    good for an elective in MCSA 2000 but not 2003.
    Furthermore, you can't even take an exam in the MCSA 2003
    server track without A+ & Network+ certs. Nowhere in the
    Server 2003 track does it say MCDST will qualify as an
    elective. So...who has the legitimate information Bill?

    as the elective
    >towards MCSA on Windows 2000 and MCSA on Windows Server

    2003, so it will
    >satisfy the elective requirement if you are going for an

    MCSA. Please note
    >that the skill set needed by a helpdesk person are

    different than the skills
    >needed by a systems administrator, but the desktop

    skills do compliment the
    >skillset needed by a systems administrator.
    >
    >--
    >Andy Ruth
    >Microsoft Training and Certification

    confers no
    >rights.
    >
    >"Shahin" <> wrote in message
    >> It was not clear on your FAQ if the MCDST cert as whole
    >> will be counting toward 1 OR 2 elective requirment(s)

    for
    >> the MCSA trak(2k or 2003). I think this is very

    importent
    >> since many of pepole out there(inculding myself) have

    been
    >> investing and preparing for the A+/Netork+ combo, since
    >> these exams do count toward fullfiling the elective
    >> requirment for the MCSA trak. Please do let me know

    about

    Guest, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Comptia exams can be used as MCSA electives--they're not required.

    Don't You Wish, Jan 5, 2004

  3. I can say without a doubt that the MCDST credential WILL count as your
    elective for either the MCSA on Windows 2000 or the MCSA on Windows Server
    2003 certifications, but it will not count as the elective for MCSE on
    Windows 2000 or MCSE on Windows Server 2003 certifications.

    For the CompTIA certifications, they can count (in certain combinations) as
    your elective on MCSA or MCSE credentials, but are not required. We do
    suggest that the skills validated by CompTIA's A+ and Network+
    certifications are prerequisite knowledge for the MCSA learning path.

    I'm the product planner for the Microsoft credentials and represent
    Microsoft on the CompTIA A+, Network+, and i-Net+ certifications, so I'm
    pretty sure I can be considered authoritative in my viewpoint. :)

    I'll review our web sites to make sure they are clear, and, if they are not,
    I'll have them updated.

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Jan 5, 2004
  4. Guest

    Joe Guest

    and on top of being authoritative, you're a nice guy.

    Joe

    Joe, Jan 6, 2004