Re: creating a MP3 autorun CD

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, Mar 24, 2010.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    t wrote:
    > The aim is to create a MP3 CD which can Autoplay(start playing the MP3
    > files on the CD) when it is inserted in the CD drive.
    >
    > I created a CD with the MP3's, a Playlist.m3u and an autorun.inf file
    > using the CD Writing program of XP Professional.
    >
    > The autorun.inf file has the following text:
    >
    > [autorun]
    > OPEN=start \Playlist.m3u

    You need more strucure.

    http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/lpmarticle.asp?id=210
    Autoplay MP3 CDs - Creating your playlist - Now we will create bat file
    to execute your playlist. - Creating an AUTORUN.inf

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 24, 2010

  2. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    t wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:

    >> You need more strucure.

    >> Autoplay MP3 CDs - Creating your playlist - Now we will create bat file
    >> to execute your playlist. - Creating an AUTORUN.inf

    > Thanks for the link, but it did not work.

    You mean to say that the way you chose to neglect/disregard what the
    link said did not work.

    There are a number of different ways you can do it -- but you didn't do
    what the link said -- you did something else and then said 'the link
    didn't work'.

    > I skipped step 1 in
    > the above link, I skipped the batch file step also

    > I changed the autorun.inf file to read
    > [autorun]
    > shellexecute=Playlist.m3u

    That was another option at the link. That option was integrated with
    step one which precisely defines the structure of the m3u - which you
    have not defined here.

    Perhaps you didn't build your m3u correctly.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 25, 2010

  3. Mike Easter

    chuckcar Guest

    t <> wrote in news::

    >>> Any suggestions where I am going wrong?

    If you doubleclick on the original file (playlist.m3u), does it open
    with mplayer? If not, then that's your problem. It's not associated with
    any program, so it can't open it.

    try this:

    open=mplayer2 playlist.m3u

    you might need to enclose the right side in double quotation marks.

    WMP *may* be called something else. I haven't used recent versions for
    years. You might also try doing a search under c:\Program Files for
    mplayer*.exe and see what shows up. the result less the .exe us what you
    want above.

    You can also create a file assocation for m3u if it's not there in
    windows explorer. However this doesn't make your fix universal.

    You *do* know of course that this won't ever work on a standard CD
    player like you'd find in a car right?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 25, 2010
  4. Mike Easter

    chuckcar Guest

    t <> wrote in news:D:

    > On 3/24/2010 10:13 PM, chuckcar wrote:
    >> t<> wrote in

    >> If you doubleclick on the original file (playlist.m3u), does it open
    >> with mplayer? If not, then that's your problem. It's not associated
    >> with any program, so it can't open it.
    >>
    >> try this:
    >>
    >> open=mplayer2 playlist.m3u
    >>
    >> you might need to enclose the right side in double quotation marks.
    >>
    >> WMP *may* be called something else. I haven't used recent versions
    >> for years. You might also try doing a search under c:\Program Files
    >> for mplayer*.exe and see what shows up. the result less the .exe us
    >> what you want above.

    > Thanks for your advice. The issue was my machine and the user's
    > machine who needs the CD, cannot autoplay CD's which i need to
    > investigate

    Simple standard fix for that: bring up the properties of the drive in
    quesion in device manager and checkmark "Auto Insert Notification".

    No drivers or anything else is removed or changed in this. It's just
    a simpy on/off setting. Nothing more. A reboot may be required is all.

    Sometimes I think MS creates these nonsence phrases just so no one else
    knows what the hell they mean.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 25, 2010
  5. Mike Easter

    chuckcar Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote in news:Xns9D469B018611Cchuck@127.0.0.1:

    > t <> wrote in
    >
    >> On 3/24/2010 10:13 PM, chuckcar wrote:
    >>> t<> wrote in

    >>> If you doubleclick on the original file (playlist.m3u), does it open
    >>> with mplayer? If not, then that's your problem. It's not associated
    >>> with any program, so it can't open it.
    >>>
    >>> try this:
    >>>
    >>> open=mplayer2 playlist.m3u
    >>>
    >>> you might need to enclose the right side in double quotation marks.
    >>>
    >>> WMP *may* be called something else. I haven't used recent versions
    >>> for years. You might also try doing a search under c:\Program Files
    >>> for mplayer*.exe and see what shows up. the result less the .exe us
    >>> what you want above.

    >> Thanks for your advice. The issue was my machine and the user's
    >> machine who needs the CD, cannot autoplay CD's which i need to
    >> investigate
    >>

    > Simple standard fix for that: bring up the properties of the drive in
    > quesion in device manager and checkmark "Auto Insert Notification".
    >
    > No drivers or anything else is removed or changed in this. It's just
    > a simpy on/off setting. Nothing more. A reboot may be required is all.

    That should read: ...a simply on/off thing... of course.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 26, 2010
  6. Mike Easter

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 21:54:13 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > nonsence

    WTF?????

    Aardvark, Mar 26, 2010