Re: create button for quicklaunch thats a keyboard shortcut

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Just use the 'Show Desktop' command, that's what it's for.

    And please fix your line wrap to 72 characters.

    On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 18:07:39 -0000, in
    <c00l5f$rj2$>
    MrMagooba scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 6, 2004

  2. °Mike°

    MrMagooba Guest

    I use a program called DesktopX to add a few things to the desktop, but
    when you click ont the default 'Show Desktop' icon, it minimizes it all
    (all to do with how 'Show Desktop' works, windows explorer placed on top
    or something, I can't remember!), but minimize all windows ('Windows
    Key' + M) minimizes all the windows, prog's etc but leaves my DesktopX
    objects alone.

    Any ideas for sites that might have the info I am looking for?
    Thanks.

    MrMagooba, Feb 7, 2004

  3. °Mike°

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 01:22:30 -0000, "MrMagooba"
    <> wrote:

    >I use a program called DesktopX to add a few things to the desktop, but
    >when you click ont the default 'Show Desktop' icon, it minimizes it all
    >(all to do with how 'Show Desktop' works, windows explorer placed on top
    >or something, I can't remember!), but minimize all windows ('Windows
    >Key' + M) minimizes all the windows, prog's etc but leaves my DesktopX
    >objects alone.
    >
    >Any ideas for sites that might have the info I am looking for?
    >Thanks.

    Macro Express will let you record keystrokes (e.g. Windows Key + M)
    and play them back. That might do the trick. You could probably
    record the keystrokes as a macro and create a shortcut to that macro
    in the QuickLaunch bar.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 7, 2004
  4. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    AutoIt is a free program for automating tasks/keystrokes.
    http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 01:22:30 -0000, in
    <c01ekr$nji$>
    MrMagooba scrawled: