Re: Crap PC

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Moderator, Apr 4, 2005.

  1. Moderator

    Moderator Guest

    JANA wrote:

    > "The One" <nowtere@com> wrote in message
    >> I have a computer which powers up, LED's and fans go, but no
    >> display, no beeps nothing. Has anyone know what is the most likely
    >> cause.

    > That's like calling your mechanic, and saying, I turn the key in my
    > car, and it will not start!

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

    --
    ChuckIT
    Moderator: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Moderator, Apr 4, 2005

  2. Moderator

    Gene Abner Guest

    The hard drive mabey?

    Gene Abner, Apr 10, 2005

  3. Moderator

    HeeroYuy Guest

    "Gene Abner" <> wrote in message
    > The hard drive mabey?

    No, the motherboard and the video card are the two most likely culprits in
    this case. Though I suspect the video card is ok... unless it's art of the
    motherboard. Then it's fried, too. If it was the hard drive, he'd be able to
    get a display and beeps from the PC speaker, but instead of Windows booting
    up, he'd be getting an "Operating System Not Found" error.

    HeeroYuy, Apr 10, 2005
  4. Moderator

    trout Guest

    Gene Abner wrote:

    > The hard drive mabey?

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! The abnertard strikes again.

    --
    This is my signature. If my post does not contain
    this signature it's probably a forgery. Beware
    trout, Apr 10, 2005
  5. Moderator

    Steve Regin Guest

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA! You fucktard ****.

    The fucking power supply more like it, you useless piece of shit.
    Steve Regin, Apr 10, 2005
  6. Moderator

    HeeroYuy Guest

    "Steve Regin" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > HeeroYuy, <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Gene Abner" <> wrote in message
    >>> The hard drive mabey?

    >> No, the motherboard and the video card are the two most likely
    >> culprits in this case.

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA! You fucktard ****.

    > The fucking power supply more like it, you useless piece of shit.

    Ah, but if you actually LEARNED TO READ, he said that all of the LED's and
    fans are running:

    > "The One" <nowtere@com> wrote in message
    > >> I have a computer which powers up, LED's and fans go, but no
    > >> display, no beeps nothing. Has anyone know what is the most likely
    > >> cause.

    THAT is a symptom of a fried motherboard. How disengenuous of you to snip
    the original post.
    HeeroYuy, Apr 10, 2005
  7. HeeroYuy, <> wrote:

    > "Steve Regin" <> wrote in
    > message
    >> HeeroYuy, <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Gene Abner" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> No, the motherboard and the video card are the two most likely
    >>> culprits in this case.

    >> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA! You fucktard ****.

    >> The fucking power supply more like it, you useless piece of shit.

    > Ah, but if you actually LEARNED TO READ, he said that all of the
    > LED's and fans are running:

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH! If you knew what range of symptoms a dud power
    supply can manifest you'd have slinked off in shame, you fucking useless
    ****.
    Stewart Andrews, Apr 10, 2005
  8. Moderator

    HeeroYuy Guest

    "Stewart Andrews" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > HeeroYuy, <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Steve Regin" <> wrote in
    >> message

    >>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA! You fucktard ****.

    >>> The fucking power supply more like it, you useless piece of shit.

    >> Ah, but if you actually LEARNED TO READ, he said that all of the
    >> LED's and fans are running:

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH! If you knew what range of symptoms a dud power
    > supply can manifest you'd have slinked off in shame, you fucking useless
    > ****.

    I fail to see how he is any less of a waste on bandwidth as I am.
    HeeroYuy, Apr 10, 2005
  9. Moderator

    HeeroYuy Guest

    "HeeroYuy" <> wrote in message

    > "Stewart Andrews" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> HeeroYuy, <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Steve Regin" <> wrote in
    >>> message

    >>> Ah, but if you actually LEARNED TO READ, he said that all of the
    >>> LED's and fans are running:

    >> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH! If you knew what range of symptoms a dud power
    >> supply can manifest you'd have slinked off in shame, you fucking useless
    >> ****.

    > I fail to see how he is any less of a waste on bandwidth as I am.

    After thinking about it, I remember that there are indeed other ways of
    telling that there is a dud power supply. Low voltage, as well as no
    voltage, is a good sign. It may run the fans and the LED's, but not anything
    else. Using a multimeter is the way to find out if it's a power supply
    issue.
    HeeroYuy, Apr 10, 2005