Re: Crackpot on every corner

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Sep 10, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote in

    > LMAO
    > http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/09/pastor-plans-burn-quran-christian-ma
    > instream-thrown-church/ And he has followers. F T S O J C

    I'km surprised it took this long for that story to show up here. I was
    certain snow kid would do it.

    One wonders how many other "ministers" are so heavily qualified.
    Particularly among the evangelical and pentecostal sects.

    Personally, I have no problem with what he's doing. If I did, I'd have
    a problem with both freedom of speech and religion. I notices CNN was
    carrying clips of arabs burning the US flag, but made no comment on that.
    That *is* something that was illegal in the US at one time.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 10, 2010

  2. chuckcar

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/9/2010 9:22 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >
    >> LMAO
    >> http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/09/pastor-plans-burn-quran-christian-ma
    >> instream-thrown-church/ And he has followers. F T S O J C

    > I'km surprised it took this long for that story to show up here. I was
    > certain snow kid would do it.
    >
    > One wonders how many other "ministers" are so heavily qualified.
    > Particularly among the evangelical and pentecostal sects.
    >
    > Personally, I have no problem with what he's doing. If I did, I'd have
    > a problem with both freedom of speech and religion. I notices CNN was
    > carrying clips of arabs burning the US flag, but made no comment on that.
    > That *is* something that was illegal in the US at one time.

    I see no positive future in burning the Koran, or building a Mosque near
    ground Zero. Both acts may be within the rights of the individual under
    the US Constitution which is all well and good, but there are underlying
    currents that will only result in consequences that will cause more
    damage than good. I have seen the burning of the US Flag, and Flags of
    other countries, but have never seen anyone committing these acts ever
    come out on top or win any benefits in their lives for doing so.
    Burning a Flag can possibly help with ones frustrations over an issue,
    but the act is like expecting 73 Virgins for blowing yourself up. I
    look at it this way chuckcar, the world is in better shape than it has
    ever been, but at best it's a fucking mess. <g>

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Sep 10, 2010

  3. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote in

    > On 9/9/2010 9:22 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >>
    >>> LMAO
    >>> http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/09/pastor-plans-burn-quran-christian-
    >>> ma instream-thrown-church/ And he has followers. F T S O J C

    >> I'km surprised it took this long for that story to show up here. I
    >> was certain snow kid would do it.
    >>
    >> One wonders how many other "ministers" are so heavily qualified.
    >> Particularly among the evangelical and pentecostal sects.
    >>
    >> Personally, I have no problem with what he's doing. If I did, I'd
    >> have a problem with both freedom of speech and religion. I notices
    >> CNN was carrying clips of arabs burning the US flag, but made no
    >> comment on that. That *is* something that was illegal in the US at
    >> one time.
    >>

    > I see no positive future in burning the Koran, or building a Mosque
    > near ground Zero. Both acts may be within the rights of the
    > individual under the US Constitution which is all well and good, but
    > there are underlying currents that will only result in consequences
    > that will cause more damage than good.

    They're not comparable IMHO. There's strip clubs and adult video stores
    within the walk to where the World Trade Centers were (sorry, but
    phrases like 911 and ground zero have different meanings, so I don't use
    them. Besides, they're mostly media constructions anyways).

    > I have seen the burning of the
    > US Flag, and Flags of other countries, but have never seen anyone
    > committing these acts ever come out on top or win any benefits in
    > their lives for doing so. Burning a Flag can possibly help with ones
    > frustrations over an issue, but the act is like expecting 73 Virgins
    > for blowing yourself up. I look at it this way chuckcar, the world is
    > in better shape than it has ever been, but at best it's a fucking
    > mess. <g>

    I didn't say I agreed with what this guy was doing. I merely said I had
    no problem with it. I believe in human rights more than a
    *lot* of US citizens do it appears.

    The fact is the guy is desperate to get somewhere. Neither his furniture
    business nor his church are making money for him. Cripes, he can't even
    fix the cross on the front. The fact that he's of german origin is bad
    however. Mostly for him I would guess. Germany may want him extradited
    in the future.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 10, 2010
  4. chuckcar

    Jordon Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >
    >> LMAO
    >> http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/09/pastor-plans-burn-quran-christian-ma
    >> instream-thrown-church/ And he has followers. F T S O J C

    > Personally, I have no problem with what he's doing.

    There's more to "what's right", than what's legal. Sure he can
    burn those books, but it'll get more troops killed. You're OK
    with that?

    It's kind of like some of your posts. You read the first sentence,
    hit reply and start banging on the keyboard without taking the
    time to think things through.

    Jordon, Sep 10, 2010
  5. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >>
    >>> LMAO
    >>> http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/09/pastor-plans-burn-quran-christian-
    >>> ma instream-thrown-church/ And he has followers. F T S O J C

    >> Personally, I have no problem with what he's doing.

    > There's more to "what's right", than what's legal. Sure he can
    > burn those books, but it'll get more troops killed. You're OK
    > with that?
    >
    > It's kind of like some of your posts. You read the first sentence,
    > hit reply and start banging on the keyboard without taking the
    > time to think things through.

    You completely missed my point. If the government or some large enough
    organization starts burning books, it's a very bad thing. That's not the
    case here. It's some extreme wing of an extreme religion, more
    specifically it's leader doing so. As both something to point to what he
    thinks (rightly or wrongly) is the problem that led to the Sept. 11th
    disaster and to promote his church. Two parts of the same thing really. In
    fact Islam was created by a battle in case you didn't know. Muhammed was
    expelled from Mecca into the desert, then came back and sucessfully invaded
    the city. Name one other religion that was created by an act of war?

    In addition, if you watch the people on CNN talking about this guy,
    their lack of logic borders on humor it's so bad. Surely there must be a
    reason for that? Granted they're not the smartest people in the world,
    but that results in the inescapable conclusion that this minister is a
    deeper thinker than them.

    In addition, there's been studies that show that a large percentage of
    muslims as a whole have no problem with what the radical muslims are doing.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 10, 2010
  6. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:06:54 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>if you watch the people on CNN talking about this guy,
    >>their lack of logic borders on humor it's so bad.

    > You mean kind of like you trying to answer a computer related
    > question?

    Logic has absolutely nothing to do with computer repair. There are
    simply ways to know if something is the problem or not that simply
    cannot be derived by logic along. Not that you'd be burdened by using
    either ever.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 11, 2010