Re: cpu temperature AMD Athlon 1600XP

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Gavyn, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Gavyn

    Gavyn Guest

    "Bryan Henderson" <> wrote in message
    > My computer sometimes does strange things like continuously repeating a
    > sound you get when you click on something. I have checked for a virus but

    it
    > isn't that and it doesn't do this all the time.
    >
    > I have noticed that the case is sometimes much hotter than usual due to

    the
    > hot weather we are having and wanted to know if there is any software for
    > monitoring cpu temperature in Win 98 or do I have to go into the BIOS to

    see
    > what the temp is?
    >
    > My cpu is an AMD Athlon 1600XP. What temperature range does this work at?
    >
    > TIA for any help.
    >

    > --
    > Radar: You're not supposed to be sleeping.
    > Hawkeye: I'm not sleeping Radar... I'm just inspecting the
    > insides of my eyelids....

    Lacking more in-depth information, I would say that you could have an
    ovrheating issue. There are plenty of 3rd party freeware applications
    available (just do a Google search) which will monitor/report the
    temperature of the hardware in your system.

    ~G~

    Gavyn, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Gavyn

    jfw06013 Guest

    Gavyn wrote:
    > "Bryan Henderson" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>My computer sometimes does strange things like continuously repeating a
    >>sound you get when you click on something. I have checked for a virus but

    > it
    >
    >>isn't that and it doesn't do this all the time.
    >>
    >>I have noticed that the case is sometimes much hotter than usual due to

    > the
    >
    >>hot weather we are having and wanted to know if there is any software for
    >>monitoring cpu temperature in Win 98 or do I have to go into the BIOS to

    > see
    >
    >>what the temp is?
    >>
    >>My cpu is an AMD Athlon 1600XP. What temperature range does this work at?
    >>
    >>TIA for any help.
    >>

    >>--
    >>Radar: You're not supposed to be sleeping.
    >>Hawkeye: I'm not sleeping Radar... I'm just inspecting the
    >>insides of my eyelids....
    >>

    > Lacking more in-depth information, I would say that you could have an
    > ovrheating issue. There are plenty of 3rd party freeware applications
    > available (just do a Google search) which will monitor/report the
    > temperature of the hardware in your system.
    >
    > ~G~

    Try visiting AMD.com and with a little searching you'll see the max is 195F.
    I run the same processor on an Epox MB w/512 Mb ram, XP Home and run
    Seti@Home 24/7.
    The average temp is 120F to 125F after I cut a hole in the side cover
    and installed a fan blowing in. This made a 10F drop in temp.
    Hope this helped.

    jfw06013, Nov 25, 2004

  3. Gavyn

    Don Guest