Re: counting pixels

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Jasen Betts, Aug 9, 2008.

  1. Jasen Betts

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2008-08-08, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz <lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz> wrote:

    > Is there a way of counting pixels of the same colour value ?

    many (ppmhist would be one (part of netpbm))

    > I want to compare the number of black pixels in a standard piece
    > of text using different fonts in the same font size.

    only the black ones? most of the software I use antialiases the fonts
    so you get a number of grey ones too.

    > Any suggestions ?
    >
    > Not Linux based please, unless an existing utility can be run on
    > a bare-bones Linux installation. I'm not into command-line Linux,
    > indeed, not into Linux at all.

    netpbm's predecessor pbmplus was available for ms-dos.
    there may be a windows version.

    speculating on why you would want to do this I suggest you look at
    aalib and the demo 'bb'. :)

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Aug 9, 2008