Re: Could I have been hacked?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Chuck, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:32:19 +0400, Tracker
    <"snailmail(remove)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Robert Burris wrote:
    >
    >> Go to http://www.rfc-editor.org and read up on SMTP. You'll find out that
    >> anyone can use "anything" in the "To:" header of an e-mail message. You
    >> need to rethink the idea that you're in control of a server when you don't
    >> know the fundamentals.
    >>
    >> What if some clueless idiot, like Tracker, comes along and says "yes, you've
    >> been hacked" over something stupid like this? What if said idiot tells you
    >> to format and reinstall? Do you realize that anyone and everyone can offer
    >> you advice in a newsgroup like this? Don't rely on help from dubious sources
    >> to help you skate through.

    <spam>
    <drivel>
    >SNIP<
    >
    >Interested in purchasing my book named "Security Minds versus Malicious
    >Minds" visit:
    >www.securityminds2003.com
    >It will teach you to learn about Windows, the Internet and Hacking

    </drivel>
    <advertising>
    >To view some kick butt artwork, visit:
    >http://www.captiveimagery.com/index.cfm

    </advertising>
    </spam>

    Chuck Croll

    Spam sucks - PLEASE get rid of the spam before emailing me!
    Trusted Computing? Right! http://www.againsttcpa.com/
    WHAT IS THE CBDTPA? http://www.stoppoliceware.org/

    Chuck, Aug 8, 2003