Re: Corrupted CD data - if Isobuster can't recover it, is there anything that can?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by dadiOH, Oct 23, 2004.

  1. dadiOH

    dadiOH Guest

    Starsailor wrote:
    > I've got most of the data from a CD which I thought was beyond
    > retrieval.
    >
    > There's two or three folders remaining. Isobuster can see them, but
    > can't see or extract any of their contents.
    >
    > The problem is data corruption, not physical damage. Is there a
    > program which can go lower-level still?

    Maybe Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier...
    http://www.roadkil.net/

    "This program is great for recovering files from scratched CD's or defective
    floppy/hard disks. Normally when your computer is unable to copy a file from
    a damaged disk it will abort and delete the portition of the file it has
    copied. This program however will continue to copy the file right to the
    end. Any data that is not recoverable after many retries is replaced with
    blanks. This will allow you to truely recover every byte of information that
    is available for recovery. The program allows you to specify a single file,
    a group using wildcards (* and ?) or if you wish, select a starting folder
    and the program will copy all data from it and any sub folders it may
    contain. This program doesnt just need to be used for copying files form
    defective disks, it can be used to transfer any files!"

    --
    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
    dadiOH, Oct 23, 2004