Re: Corrupt Files

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by renoch, Dec 13, 2005.

  1. renoch

    renoch Guest

    Yep, that is why I am a non-expert (and getting too old at that)....LOL

    To test drive:
    My computer, rt click on drive, select properties, tools, error checking,
    then click button "check now"
    (or can probably be run from the "Run" command, but I usually don't)

    regards,

    Roy

    renoch, Dec 13, 2005

  2. Right. If run from Start>Run and type command. At the prompt the command
    is 'chkdsk /f' to both check and repair. Without the /f one only gets the
    chkdsk report but no corrective actions take place. It results in the same
    thing that you describe.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 13, 2005

  3. The first sentence should read, "Right. If you run chkdsk from Start>Run,
    type 'command' to open the command window."

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 13, 2005
  4. renoch

    John Barnes Guest

    You don't need to open a command window. Just type your command in the Run
    window.

    John Barnes, Dec 13, 2005