Re: Corporate VOIP - Skype?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Steve Terry, May 15, 2009.

  1. Steve Terry

    Steve Terry Guest

    "TheScullster" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > Total newby to this Skype stuff!
    > My boss has asked if this can be implemented as we have a lot of overseas
    > travellers and he is looking to make savings!
    > Currently we have a Windows domain with 2003server, ISA server as proxy
    > and a checkpoint firewall.
    > A quick scan of a few links shows up issues like:
    >
    > "We need a software that we can setup on our Own server. One that does not
    > port hop, circumvent the firewalls, or try to suck up our bandwidth by
    > becoming a Super Node at it's own descretion"
    >
    > Can anyone direct me to links that can demystify this VOIP stuff and give
    > unbiased info on Skype or alternatives used in a corporate environment
    > please?
    > TIA
    > Phil

    Why not equip your staff with Three mobile phone network Skype phones?

    Leave your server alone altogether

    Steve Terry

    Steve Terry, May 15, 2009

  2. Steve Terry <> wrote:
    > Why not equip your staff with Three mobile phone network Skype phones?

    But they won't do Skype abroad, will they?
    (Or do they work in 3LikeHome countries?)

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, May 16, 2009

  3. :
    > > Why not equip your staff with Three mobile phone network Skype phones?

    > But they won't do Skype abroad, will they?

    correct
    > (Or do they work in 3LikeHome countries?)

    that finishes on the 1s July anyway.

    You could try roaming sims from 0044 :) not sure how voip will help
    with people abroad really?

    Steve Hammond, May 16, 2009
  4. Steve Terry

    Steve Terry Guest

    "Theo Markettos" <> wrote in message
    > Steve Terry <> wrote:
    >> Why not equip your staff with Three mobile phone network Skype phones?

    > But they won't do Skype abroad, will they?
    > (Or do they work in 3LikeHome countries?)
    > Theo

    Well if they are abroad they'll have to use a local ISP anyway?

    Having both Skype on my windows laptop and on my Three phone
    is quite handy in other ways too, if i log in on my Three mobile
    using my laptops Skype username? Obviously I don't have to have
    my laptop with me to take calls that would normally go to or from it

    I also use my Skype phone as a 3G Modem for the laptop too
    (as i'm doing now) with a monthly top up.
    Which gives me on my laptop: email, Usenet, (obviously)
    web browsing, and a choice of VOIP including Skype

    Steve Terry

    Steve Terry, May 16, 2009