Re: Corel Photo-Paint vs/ Adobe Photo Shop

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by BUNTOVNIK, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. BUNTOVNIK

    BUNTOVNIK Guest

    "Bubba" <> wrote in message
    > Is there anyone that is familiar enough with both programs, Corel and

    Adobe,
    > that could give an objective review of why Photo Shop is the preferred
    > program for digital photography? Or is it.....?
    > Thanks,
    > Bubba

    I use both, but when it comes to advanced editing of digital shots
    (especially when clearing out unwanted elements on some photograph) I tend
    to use Photo-paint because of it's exellent bitmap layer system. That is the
    main thing that's keeping me still faithful to Corel. Photoshop on the other
    hand has better light-levels control, as well as better color manipulation
    (they can both do color manipulation, but my personal oppinion is that
    photoshop is more user-friendly when it comes to this). Since I do a lot of
    desktop-publishing and use my computer as a graphic station for making
    high-quality advert newspaper, I also use Photopaint in combination with
    Corel Draw. They are compatible when it comes to those bitmap layers and
    that's something I really can't live without. I prepare photos, graphic
    elements and logos in photopaint and then do the design in Draw by using
    import command.

    --
    online photo portfolio

    BUNTOVNIK, Sep 12, 2003