Re: Corel Photo-Paint vs/ Adobe Photo Shop

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robertwgross, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. Robertwgross

    Robertwgross Guest

    Bubba wrote:
    >Is there anyone that is familiar enough with both programs, Corel and Adobe,
    >that could give an objective review of why Photo Shop is the preferred
    >program for digital photography? Or is it.....?

    Back in the mid- to late- 1990's, Corel was a formidable competitor to Adobe.
    However, then Adobe continued to gain market share. Now PhotoShop is the
    product of choice for industrial grade photo editing. Note that most people
    using a digital camera do not need that much horsepower, and PhotoShop Elements
    and the other cheapies do fine.

    I happen to be one of the ones who got on the Corel bandwagon back in the old
    days, and I invested much time learning it. Now, my old version does not have
    quite all of the automation that the newer Adobe versions offer. Otherwise,
    they all work.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Sep 12, 2003