Re: Copying Win98 Install Files to new hard drive?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by LR, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. LR

    LR Guest

    Yea I do the same thing exept i put them in \windows\options\cabs.
    "bubba" <> wrote in message
    > What's the big deal? Just make a directory on the C or D called cabs and
    > copy the win98 folder with this command...
    > E:\win98>copy *.* c:\cabs
    > I have included it in an unattended install batch file that I created.

    Makes
    > life easy peasy.
    >
    > hth
    >
    > bil
    >
    > "Russ" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a question that has been bothering me in reference to fresh

    > installs
    > > of Win 98 or Win 98SE. I have many times in the past, during upgrades,
    > > copied the install files, or even the whole Win 98 CD to a secondary

    hard
    > > drive for upgrades to avoid Windows from constantly asking for the CD

    > during
    > > various system updates. However, it was mentioned during study, that

    Mike
    > > Meyers recommended it on fresh installs with a startup disk and Win 98

    CD
    > > onto freshly partitioned and formatted drives. I may be overlooking
    > > something, but the file xcopy for directory copying is not on a startup
    > > disk. how does one accomplish this, without the painful usage of the

    copy

    LR, Jul 13, 2003

  2. LR

    Russ Guest

    Thx, wasn't sure, like I said, don't do it that much, mostly on upgrades.
    Just noticed that there are other directories in the Win98 folder.

    Batch file on boot disk, sounds like a good way to go, thx.

    Russ, Jul 13, 2003