Re: Copying DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by DarkMatter, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. DarkMatter

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 05:55:06 GMT, keved
    <> Gave us:

    >in article 625.kaosol.net,
    >TCS at wrote on 8/15/03 8:28 PM:
    >
    >> On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 02:46:44 GMT, keved <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Some disks are pretty expensive and go out of print. Some situations of use
    >>> result in almost single-play use...especially with kids while travelling.

    >> Then tape them. No TV that can be played in anything smaller than a bus will
    >> show a picture quality difference between tape in good condition and DVD.

    >Why would this be any more ethical than backing up to DVD?

    Because it proves the use is for personal use only, whereas digital
    "backup" copies can be mis-used, and are everyday. That is regardless
    of your intent.

    >And could you recommend a good VHS deck that fits in my laptop?

    Your laptop has video out. Fine. If you get a shit box TV, and a
    shit box VCR, you can let them at it. Do you really want to let them
    that close to your laptop all the time?

    You are painting yourself into a corner.

    DarkMatter, Aug 16, 2003