Re: Copying a file

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by VanguardLH, Jan 3, 2011.

  1. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    wrote:

    > Just curious. If I have a file, say an .mp3 file in a folder called Music, then
    > I copy it to another folder that I use for uploading to a web site, are there
    > now two complete .mp3 files on my hard drive, or is it just the original with a
    > smaller file pointing to it? Thanks.

    Hmm, we are to guess at what operating system you happen to use. Oh,
    after posting to newsgroups since 2000, you're now trying to pretend to
    us that you don't know the difference between shortcuts (as .lnk files
    in Windows) or symbolic/hard links (in *NIX) that point to files.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_shortcut

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_link
    VanguardLH, Jan 3, 2011