Re: Copy Smartmedia to USB Flash Pen?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark B., Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Mark B.

    Mark B. Guest

    "dieter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there somewhere an adapter to buy, that allows to copy a smartmedia
    > card to an USB Flash Pen without a computer? I will buy an USB Flash
    > Pen (>256MB)and I need also new smartmedia cards for my digital
    > camera. Does anyone knows, if there's a copy-possibility?
    >
    > Dieter

    An adapter? You mean like a cable to go directly from the CF to the USB
    flash pen? How exactly would you execute the copy? You need some type of
    hardware involved - laptop, PC, etc to carry out the copy. Maybe even a
    Pocket PC device, though I'm not sure about that.

    Mark

    Mark B., Aug 26, 2003

  2. Mark B.

    dieter Guest

    "Mark B." <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "dieter" <> wrote in message
    > > Is there somewhere an adapter to buy, that allows to copy a smartmedia
    > > card to an USB Flash Pen without a computer? I will buy an USB Flash
    > > Pen (>256MB)and I need also new smartmedia cards for my digital
    > > camera. Does anyone knows, if there's a copy-possibility?
    > >
    > > Dieter

    > An adapter? You mean like a cable to go directly from the CF to the USB
    > flash pen? How exactly would you execute the copy? You need some type of
    > hardware involved - laptop, PC, etc to carry out the copy. Maybe even a
    > Pocket PC device, though I'm not sure about that.
    >
    > Mark

    Dear Mark,
    I'm looking for an adapter as a piece of hardware/software, that
    allows me to copy the smartmedia data to an USB flash pen (and back).
    I know, that this will be done normaly by a computer, but it should be
    small and cheap, so that I can take it im my pocket.
    Dieter

    dieter, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Mark B.

    Mark B. Guest

    > > "dieter" <> wrote in message
    > > > Is there somewhere an adapter to buy, that allows to copy a smartmedia
    > > > card to an USB Flash Pen without a computer? I will buy an USB Flash
    > > > Pen (>256MB)and I need also new smartmedia cards for my digital
    > > > camera. Does anyone knows, if there's a copy-possibility?
    > > >
    > > > Dieter

    > > An adapter? You mean like a cable to go directly from the CF to the USB
    > > flash pen? How exactly would you execute the copy? You need some type

    of
    > > hardware involved - laptop, PC, etc to carry out the copy. Maybe even a
    > > Pocket PC device, though I'm not sure about that.
    > >
    > > Mark

    > Dear Mark,
    > I'm looking for an adapter as a piece of hardware/software, that
    > allows me to copy the smartmedia data to an USB flash pen (and back).
    > I know, that this will be done normaly by a computer, but it should be
    > small and cheap, so that I can take it im my pocket.
    > Dieter

    There isn't anything that simple. You might be able to use a portable
    digital album (like this one here:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nixvuedigitalalbum/) to unload from the
    SmartMedia card, but they're designed to d/l to a PC, not a stand-alone USB
    device. I've never heard of a device that you're looking for. If you find
    one, post it here, it could be interesting.

    Mark

    Mark B., Aug 26, 2003