    Can you copy a DVD (one I have full rights to) if I have a DVD-
    RW and a regular CD player on my computer? How might this be done? Can I
    copy the original DVD to a DVD-R? Thanks for any help.
    bheider, Nov 21, 2003

  2. bheider

    Night_Seer Guest

    bheider wrote:
    > Can you copy a DVD (one I have full rights to) if I have a DVD-
    > RW and a regular CD player on my computer? How might this be done?
    > Can I copy the original DVD to a DVD-R? Thanks for any help.

    Its going to have to go to your hard drive first, and then put onto a
    burnable DVD. To make backups of my own DVD's I use DVD X Copy

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Nov 21, 2003

  3. bheider

    bheider Guest

    Thank you for your help. What softweardo you use to get the source disk on
    the hard drive?

    bheider, Nov 21, 2003
  4. bheider

    Guest Guest

    I would say the easiest and most problem free way would be to download DVD
    decryptor and use the ISO function to write the DVD to your HDD as an ISO
    image file and then burn it to your blank DVD using the write function.

    mbowen83
    Guest, Nov 21, 2003
  5. bheider

    Night_Seer Guest

    bheider wrote:
    > Thank you for your help. What softweardo you use to get the source
    > disk on the hard drive?
    > "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >> bheider wrote:
    >>> Can you copy a DVD (one I have full rights to) if I have a DVD-
    >>> RW and a regular CD player on my computer? How might this be done?
    >>> Can I copy the original DVD to a DVD-R? Thanks for any help.

    >> Its going to have to go to your hard drive first, and then put onto a
    >> burnable DVD. To make backups of my own DVD's I use DVD X Copy
    >>
    >> --
    >> Night_Seer

    I use DVD X Copy for all of it ripping and copying, BUT, DVD X Copy will
    burn a backup, it has a warning at the beginning of the movie that says
    its a backup, and it won't let you copy a backup. There is tons of
    freeware out there to do the same thing, but this has worked fine for
    me. This website might help you out:

    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

    --
    Night_Seer