Re: Copy boot drive??

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Paul, Jun 30, 2008.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    DC wrote:
    > Hello,
    > New to this group, but maybe someone can advise.
    >
    > I've just put a second hard drive in this machine-160G
    > as a slave to the original 80G one.
    >
    > What I have in mind is to copy the whole of drive C: onto
    > the new one, and then remove the original for use in a USB enclosure.
    >
    > The question is, how to go about it........
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave C.

    When you buy a hard drive now, if you head on over to the disk
    drive manufacturer's web site, they provide freely downloadable
    tools, for moving the data from one drive to the other. Have
    a look in the download section. For example, if you bought a
    Seagate or a Maxtor drive, you'd head to seagate.com and look
    for a download there. Some of the tools, also come with a
    PDF manual, so you can understand the available options.

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 30, 2008