Re: Copy and pasting

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by VanguardLH, Oct 31, 2009.

  1. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    Billy Dee wrote:

    > If I find text I want to save, I usually open up my Outlook and send an
    > email to myself with the text that I copied and pasted on it.
    >
    > Is there an easier way rather than sending myself an email?

    Seems a very slow way to get a copy of that text saved to somewhere
    other than the unidentified source. Why not just copy it into Notepad
    or Wordpad and save to a file (in a "clips" folder on your drive)?

    You might also want to start investigating clipboard managers. I use
    Clipmate but it isn't free. ClipMagic is free. Besides capturing and
    saving clips (which can be expired), you can create "safes" under which
    to permanently save clips and even organize them regarding their
    content.

    VanguardLH, Oct 31, 2009

  2. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    Lookout wrote:

    > VanguardLH wrote:
    >
    >> Billy Dee wrote:
    >>
    >>> If I find text I want to save, I usually open up my Outlook and send
    >>> an email to myself with the text that I copied and pasted on it.
    >>>
    >>> Is there an easier way rather than sending myself an email?

    >> Seems a very slow way to get a copy of that text saved to somewhere
    >> other than the unidentified source. Why not just copy it into
    >> Notepad or Wordpad and save to a file (in a "clips" folder on your
    >> drive)?

    > Why? Because most users today learn how to use a computer at work and
    > they have no idea what they are doing. They need a basic Windows
    > course.

    They need to visit their local public library and pickup a Dummies book
    for each OS and application they use. They should use the resources
    that their taxes are paying for.

    The era of throwing a boob at a computer and hoping they accomplish
    productive work is long gone. If you don't already have the requisite
    computer skills to perform your job then you don't get hired or you
    soon get fired. There are LOTS of qualified candidates waiting to take
    the place of an inept employee. (I'm speaking of private business
    here, not of government workers.)

    VanguardLH, Oct 31, 2009

  3. In message <hchupe$mc7$>, VanguardLH wrote:
    > Lookout wrote:
    >
    > > VanguardLH wrote:

    > >> Seems a very slow way to get a copy of that text saved to somewhere
    > >> other than the unidentified source. Why not just copy it into
    > >> Notepad or Wordpad and save to a file (in a "clips" folder on your
    > >> drive)?

    > > Why? Because most users today learn how to use a computer at work and
    > > they have no idea what they are doing. They need a basic Windows
    > > course.

    > They need to visit their local public library and pickup a Dummies book
    > for each OS and application they use. They should use the resources
    > that their taxes are paying for.
    >
    > The era of throwing a boob at a computer and hoping they accomplish
    > productive work is long gone. If you don't already have the requisite
    > computer skills to perform your job then you don't get hired or you
    > soon get fired. There are LOTS of qualified candidates waiting to take
    > the place of an inept employee. (I'm speaking of private business
    > here, not of government workers.)

    Creating a "scraps" object to live on the desktop is a fun excercise:
    http://www.pc-help.org/security/scrap.htm

    Nifty, huh?

    ^_^

    Proof of Americas 3rd world status: