Re: Copy all files from tftp to flash and vice versa, possible?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Merv, Aug 3, 2008.

  1. Merv

    Merv Guest

    On Aug 2, 10:17 pm, Peter Danes <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have 6 2610XM-2611XM routers that I need to upgrade the IOS for and I
    > have about 10 configuration files backed up in the flash file system.
    >
    > The flash file system has enough space but when I try copying a new IOS
    > over it says I don't have enough space.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a command or an easy way to copy all files from
    > flash to a tftp server?
    >
    > I want to also copy the backup configuration files back at some point so
    > I'll also need a way to copy all the files from the tftp server back to
    > flash.
    >
    > Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Peter

    to backup flash: directory to TFTP server

    dir flash:

    copy flash:<filename-1> tftp://<tftp server ip address>/<filename-1>

    copy flash:<filename-2> tftp://<tftp server ip address>/<filename-2>

    copy flash:<filename-3> tftp://<tftp server ip address>/<filename3>

    etc

    Merv, Aug 3, 2008