Re: Cooking Lake Airport

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bob Dobbs, Jul 31, 2011.

  1. Bob Dobbs

    Bob Dobbs Guest

    Bob Dobbs, Jul 31, 2011

  2. Bob Dobbs

    Bob Dobbs Guest

    Dudley Hanks wrote:
    >I just wanted
    >to find out if the unmodified Adobe procedure could identify the shadows and
    >pull some detail out on its own. It sounds like it didn't...

    Maybe if you metered for the area along the hedge row behind the planes,
    which would tend to overexpose the grayish sky to give some snap to the grassy
    plane parking area. It looks like there are enough (wheels etc.) dark objects to
    balance it all out.
    Next time take the risk and cross the barbed wire fence to eliminate some of the
    foreground which doesn't do any thing for the scene.
    --

    http://bit.ly/g2PCII

    Bob Dobbs, Jul 31, 2011

  3. Bob Dobbs

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 00:39:03 -0600, "Dudley Hanks" <>
    wrote:
    :
    : "Bob Dobbs" <> wrote in message
    : news:4e34f4e9.3527390@chupacabra...
    : > Dudley Hanks wrote:
    : >>
    : >>http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/CookingLakeAirport.jpg
    : >
    : > Looks a bit underexposed overall,
    : > plus there aren't any outstanding subjects.
    : > Maybe if you'd gone over to the sunny side of the planes?
    : > --
    : >
    : > http://bit.ly/g2PCII
    :
    : Thanks, Bob, appreciate your thoughts...
    :
    : The idea was to see if I could end up with an over all semi-balanced shot by
    : over-exposing one shot and then under-exposing the other two. I just wanted
    : to find out if the unmodified Adobe procedure could identify the shadows and
    : pull some detail out on its own. It sounds like it didn't...
    :
    : Here's a link to (I think) the closest image of the series to a "properly
    : exposed" image...
    :
    : http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/CookingLakeAirport2Small.jpg (fast
    :
    : http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/CookingLakeAirport2.jpg (full size)

    Too dark and too contrasty, and that one does have artifacts. It appears
    oversharpened or something.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Aug 1, 2011