Re: Cookie Problem

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by R Hickey, Oct 22, 2005.

  1. R Hickey

    R Hickey Guest

    Moz Champion <> wrote in

    > R Hickey wrote:
    >> This is probably a little different from most cookie-related
    >> problems. I _want_ certain cookies on my computer (log-in purposes,
    >> etc.) yet Firefox keeps deleting them.
    >>
    >> I have checked the "protect" option many times in the "Cookie
    >> Culler" extension, I went to tools > options > privacy and checked
    >> all options that should allow the particular cookies I want to keep
    >> to remain. I typed the specific names in the box to keep them, I
    >> checked all the boxes presented and have done everything I can find
    >> to prevent these certin cookies from getting removed. They keep
    >> getting removed...
    >>
    >> I can log off, log back on and sometimes they remain. Other times I
    >> log off and when I go back on, my cookies are gone. It's quite
    >> annoying. Any ideas how I can protect these cookies?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help,
    >>
    >> Robert

    > Um, accept all cookies? <g>
    > Then,you wouldnt have to worry about losing the ones you want anyway!
    > <g>

    In the tools > options > privacy > cookies menu I have "accept cookies"
    checked and "keep until they expire" checked so I figure that was a good
    start. The "good" cookies show 'allow' and the ones I don't want show
    'blocked'. Some others are 'allow for session only' but this seemed like a
    good start and the right settings.

    Then I went to the Cookie Culler extension and made sure the cookies I
    wanted to keep were marked "protect" and this is where (I think) the
    problem lies. I check Cookie Culler and sometimes the cookies are still
    protected and other times they have changed to 'unprotect'.

    I am not sure which of the cookie-related options (tools menu or Cookie
    Culler extension) is the one that has the most to do with controlling
    protecting/unprotecting cookies but I have used Cookie Culler for some
    time and this problem has only just recently become a problem.

    Could it be FF ver 1.0.7 that is to blame? Seems the cookie problem wasn't
    a problem before I installed the newest (?) version of FF.

    I am going to uninstall Cookie Culler and see if that makes a difference
    but would be curious to know if the extension I've used for a while or the
    newer version of FF is the culprit...

    Thanks for any help,

    Robert

    R Hickey, Oct 22, 2005