Re: Converting Vista to XP system

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Desk Rabbit, Jan 27, 2009.

  1. Desk Rabbit

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Northern Raider wrote:
    > Hi does anyone have any advice or guidance in relating to converting my nrew
    > laptop from Vista which just wont work and is junk, to the more reliable (
    > slightly) and more user friendly XP system.
    >
    > we bought a lap top last week and absoltely dispare at the 100 % junk
    > operating program, dasft things like no Outbox in the mail systemn,. no
    > clearly defined Delete button, no list of contacts down the side of the
    > page etc etc etc.
    >
    > Is it possible and affordable to change the system to XP ?

    If you bought a business version of Vista you have downgrade rights to
    XP Pro by using an existing XP Pro license key and media that you own.

    If you bought a home version you have no downgrade rights (You will need
    to purchase a retail version of XP) and you may also have difficulty
    finding XP drivers for the hardware.

    Return the unit as unfit for purpose and buy the right device & OS for
    your use.

    Desk Rabbit, Jan 27, 2009