Re: Converting from VCR tape format to AVI or mpg format on my hard drive

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer, Mar 27, 2007.

  1. >I need a program that will take video from my VCR tapes and convert
    >them to an AVI, MPEG, MPG file on my computer.

    >Then I can upload the clip to youtube, or to http://www.mypeopletv.com

    >Any suggestions for excellent software that can do that?

    Look at Plextor convertx
    Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer, Mar 27, 2007

  2. Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer

    me Guest

    "Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > >I need a program that will take video from my VCR tapes and convert
    >>them to an AVI, MPEG, MPG file on my computer.

    >>Then I can upload the clip to youtube, or to http://www.mypeopletv.com

    >>Any suggestions for excellent software that can do that?

    > Look at Plextor convertx

    The Plextor ConvertX is not software,it is a device. I have one and it works
    good.
    me, Mar 28, 2007

  3. Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer

    Maurice Guest

    If you can digitize your footage (even Windows Movie Maker or the Mac
    equivalent) then the best software package by far is Canopus ProCoder
    www.canopus.com
    however it is not cheap.There is a lite version, ProCoder Express, at much
    lower cost and it is just as effective but without so many options or speed
    but if it does the job......! There is also TMPGenc and there may still be a
    free version of that available www.tmpgenc.com

    Maurice

    Maurice, Mar 28, 2007