Re: Converter Box.

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Ragnar, Apr 18, 2008.

  1. Ragnar

    Ragnar Guest

    Gabbyguy wrote:
    > Hello Everyone,
    > I have installed the new converter box and it works fine.
    > My problem is that neither of my VCR/DVD recorders
    > will pick up the new stations. Making it impossible to record TV
    > shows.
    >
    > My question is: How can I make the VCR recognize the new channels?
    >
    > Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

    You didn't say what this 'converter box' is but I assume it is a stand-alone
    tuner for digital TV channels (what we in the UK would call a Freeview or
    Set-top box), whereas your VCR/DVD recorders only pull in terrestrial
    channels.

    Is my interpretation correct? If so, then EITHER you need to plug your
    VCR/DVD into the digital output of the converter (if you have the
    appropriate sockets, cable etc) OR plug them into the UHF aerial output of
    the converter then tune the recorder(s) to the output frequency of the
    converter. In neither case will you need to tune the recorder(s) into
    individual TV channels.

    HTH
    R.
    Ragnar, Apr 18, 2008