Re: Consumer Reports rated digital photo editors including freeware

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wlm Singleton, Jul 2, 2007.

  1. On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 01:57:18 -0700, John Corliss wrote:

    >> Is any freeware photo "viewer" as fast as Irfanview?

    > Pretty sure that xNView is:
    > http://www.xnview.com/

    Are these the Windows freeware photo editors recommended in this thread?
    http://www.gimp.org/ (The Gimp, functional editor)
    http://photoscape.en.softonic.com/ (Photoscape, functional editor)
    http://www.irfanview.com/ (Irfanview, fast viewer)
    http://www.xnview.com/ (XnView, fast viewer on Mac & Linux too)
    http://picasa.google.com/ (Picasa, claim to fame?)
    http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm (Faststone, image viewer)
    http://www.snapfire.com/ (Snapfire, suspect bait-n-switchware)

    Wlm Singleton, Jul 2, 2007

  2. Den 02.07.2007 18:10 Wlm Singleton skrev:
    > On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 01:57:18 -0700, John Corliss wrote:
    >
    >>> Is any freeware photo "viewer" as fast as Irfanview?

    >> Pretty sure that xNView is:
    >> http://www.xnview.com/

    > Are these the Windows freeware photo editors recommended in this thread?
    > http://www.gimp.org/ (The Gimp, functional editor)

    YES

    > http://photoscape.en.softonic.com/ (Photoscape, functional editor)

    ALMOST UNKNOWN

    > http://www.irfanview.com/ (Irfanview, fast viewer)
    > http://www.xnview.com/ (XnView, fast viewer on Mac & Linux too)
    > http://picasa.google.com/ (Picasa, claim to fame?)
    > http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm (Faststone, image viewer)

    YES

    > http://www.snapfire.com/ (Snapfire, suspect bait-n-switchware)

    NO

    And before BearBottoms "jumps me" :)-)), this is my subjective
    understanding of what regulars say/recommend in the acf group...

    regards from

    Vegard Krog Petersen, Jul 2, 2007

  3. On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:10:59 GMT, Wlm Singleton wrote:
    > Are these the Windows freeware photo editors recommended in this thread?

    Ooooops. Paint.Net was also discussed in this thread, making these the
    freeware (term used loosly to mean at no cost to use) windows photo editors
    of choice.

    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
    http://www.gimp.org/ (The Gimp, functional editor)
    http://www.irfanview.com/ (Irfanview, fast viewer)