Re: constantly crashing Help..

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Patch, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Patch

    Patch Guest

    "john" <> wrote in message
    > I have just purchased a new machine which I thought was going to be just a
    > great games machine. Boy was I wrong, since buying the machine I have had
    > nothing but trouble playing games whether it be online or just gaming in
    > general...
    >
    > The problem I am having is that when I play the games after about 5

    minutes
    > it kicks me out or fully out of the system. The games I have installed are
    > genuine but the problem is not bias. Has anyone heard of this problem and

    if
    > so could the please assist me in sorting it out..I have run a full system
    > virus check to no avail. I have installed a new graphics card with updated
    > drivers. I have the latest drivers installed for almost everything. The
    > problem does not occur when general use of the machine, oh I have also
    > changed my memory from 512 to 256...
    >

    > please can someone help, I would be very grateful.
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > You may have a heat problem since it seems to occur only when playing

    games. Some games can really give the CPU a workout. One way to test it is
    to remove the cover & blow a small house fan into the computer. If the
    problems go away, that's your problem. You will need better cooling to your
    CPU. I'm curious, why did you move down from 512 meg to 256? Some games are
    pretty doggy (Unreal2 for one) on 256, but run much smoother on 512. (at
    least for me that was true)
    Patch, Jun 25, 2003