    guess is a hardware problem, since folks here are running XP x64 every day,
    and have been for over a year and a half, and the reports are that it is
    extremely stable.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 27, 2006

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP

    John Barnes Guest

    Think you are right. If Linux works its probably 32-bit and his memory
    won't work properly with 64-bit processes.

    John Barnes, Dec 27, 2006

  3. There are innumerable 64bit Linuxes out there, and has been for two years,
    so that could be a 'risky' bet. Oddly enough, many of those are hampered by
    ACPI problems and are tricky to get to booting, so you may be right, John.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 27, 2006

    =?Utf-8?B?R29pbmdDcmF6eSE=?=, Dec 27, 2006
  5. Charlie Russel - MVP

    John Barnes Guest

    The question is UNBUNTU the 32-bit or 64-bit version. 64-bit processes use
    memory differently and we have had a number of OP that had memory work
    perfectly on a 32-bit system and fail with X-64 and Vista64.

    John Barnes, Dec 27, 2006
  6. Look, just set you system to not automatically reboot on error, and then
    tell us what the error is, just as John suggested as the very first reply to
    you. We might actually be able to help you then.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 27, 2006