Re: console 877 output only

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by James, Aug 23, 2006.

  1. James

    James Guest

    Do you have any other Cisco devices that you can connect to to test the
    cable?

    I doubt that the IOS upgrade has caused this, maybe the console port
    has failed or the cable is faulty?

    James, Aug 23, 2006

  2. James

    proza Guest

    I already did that

    Both programs and cables works, I did the test on een Cisco 2950 switch

    Downgrade router to c870-advsecurityk9-mz.123-8.YI1.bin ?

    proza, Aug 23, 2006

  3. James

    James Guest

    It's worth a try

    James, Aug 23, 2006
  4. James

    Guest

    James wrote:
    > It's worth a try
    > proza wrote:
    > > I already did that
    > >
    > > Both programs and cables works, I did the test on een Cisco 2950 switch
    > >
    > > Downgrade router to c870-advsecurityk9-mz.123-8.YI1.bin ?
    > > "James" <> wrote in message
    > > > Do you have any other Cisco devices that you can connect to to test the
    > > > cable?
    > > >
    > > > I doubt that the IOS upgrade has caused this, maybe the console port
    > > > has failed or the cable is faulty?

    Seems like the console port has gone bad?

    I have just upgraded an 877 to
    c870-advsecurityk9-mz.124-9.T.bin

    and the console is OK.

    One (slim) possibility is that the file is corrupt. I believe that the
    file is checksummed during the boot process but a simple
    checksum is not that reliable.

    Cisco publish an MD5 for each image, this should
    be pretty reliable.

    md5 for Windows

    G:\>md5 -help
    <snipped>
    by John Walker -- http://www.fourmilab.ch/

    G:\>md5sum --help
    <snipped>
    Report bugs to <>.

    G:\>md5sum --version
    md5sum (GNU textutils) 2.0
    Written by Ulrich Drepper.
    , Aug 23, 2006
  5. James

    proza Guest

    Downgraded done

    Cisco 877 not accessible anymore after the reload. Console and LAN are dead
    ;(

    del flash new-image-877

    copy tftp flash: old-image-877

    no boot system

    boot system old-image-877

    sh ver ( for check register 0x2102 = oké)

    copy running-config startup-config

    reload

    proza, Aug 24, 2006
  6. James

    proza Guest

    Updated:
    Router works on old image now and still no console access

    proza, Aug 24, 2006