Re: Connection Problems with the German Server??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Geoff Pearson, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    news:beu84p$91dgs$-berlin.de...
    > Anyone else having problems connecting today? CIS.DFN.DE

    No - I am getting posts just fine.

    Geoff Pearson, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Geoff Pearson

    Jimchip Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:03:29 -0400, Miggsee wrote:
    > "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    >> > Anyone else having problems connecting today? CIS.DFN.DE
    >> >

    >> No - I am getting posts just fine.

    > I believe there is a server problem, as I can connect through giganews and
    > get posts just fine. I keep getting a lost connection message.

    Others have reported intermittent outages for the last day or so.

    --
    We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

    Jimchip, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Geoff Pearson

    Jimchip Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:22:36 -0400, Miggsee wrote:
    > "Jimchip" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:03:29 -0400, Miggsee wrote:
    >> > "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in

    > message

    >> > I believe there is a server problem, as I can connect through giganews

    > and
    >> > get posts just fine. I keep getting a lost connection message.

    >> Others have reported intermittent outages for the last day or so.

    > Thanks for the affirmation, Jimchip! :)

    trout commented last night that he watched TV movies all day because the
    the server was down.

    --
    "The horror...the horror..."

    Jimchip, Jul 14, 2003
  4. Geoff Pearson

    trout Guest

    Jimchip wrote:
    <snip>

    > trout commented last night that he watched TV movies all day because
    > the the server was down.

    After a Clint Eastwood double-feature, and "The Mask of Zorro"; I
    got bored, and changed all my desktop colours and fonts.
    --
    "Everything I do today is vaguely startling."

    trout, Jul 14, 2003
  5. Geoff Pearson

    Miggsee Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > Jimchip wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    > > trout commented last night that he watched TV movies all day because
    > > the the server was down.

    > After a Clint Eastwood double-feature, and "The Mask of Zorro"; I
    > got bored, and changed all my desktop colours and fonts.

    How funny! I went into my second grade classroom and told all that my
    Grandfather killed Zorro...and I believed it! ;) Pappap had a t-shirt with a
    Z cut into it, as well as a sword. He also loved his grandkids, and loved to
    tease them! Little did I know.........

    Miggsee, Jul 15, 2003