Re: Connection problem

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Simon Telrenner, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. >"Kathy" <> wrote in message
    >You see, she said that this connection problem just recently started, even

    though the Fax machine has been >connected through the same line for
    probably about six months, so this is why I am thinking why she is being
    >sooo negative about my answer. I am going to tell her, AGAIN, to unplug the

    Fax machine first and then >connect to the Internet and see what
    happens....If she doesn't listen this time, she can let the person she
    >knows who is "good with computers" mess with her problem....I am just fed

    up with it....after all, "they" >know it all, and I know nothing :p. She
    better not come to me again with a problem because my next >answer will be
    "I dunno!" This is the second time she's pulled this crap with me....and oh
    yeah, I have also >gotten the one's that insist they did nothing when I know
    they did! And don't you love the ones that try to tell >you what the problem
    is? *LOL*

    I recently had one where the person told me their computer was freezing. I
    walked through all the normal steps of screensaver and shut off monitor and
    hard drive. She assured me she didn't have a screensaver or hard drive
    installed. I had another computer company go and look at it, because it was
    in another town, and I just couldn't get away. The called back and said the
    battery on the motherboard was dead, and that was what was causing it. I
    raised my eyebrows a little, but said, OK, and we replaced the computer. I
    got the old one back to my office, turned it on, and the first thing I
    noticed was a screensaver, and turn off monitor after 2 hours. I took them
    both off, and the computer ran for weeks on my desk.

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me
    Kathy