Re: Connection problem

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Ghost, Aug 25, 2003.

  1. Ghost

    Ghost Guest

    In article <>, "JK_Deth"
    <> wrote:

    > ------=_NextPart_000_019B_01C36B25.D3EBBDF0
    >
    > I feel for ya Kathy!
    > As a part of current, I do all the after hours techsupport for an ISP =
    > and I get that sort of thing several times a week. People that don't =
    > believe you, people who insist they haven't done things I know they have =
    > done, people who insist they have done things I've asked them too when I =
    > know they haven't.
    > The worst are the ones who know "someone" who is "good with computers =
    > and he says" ...

    Damn near every customer I have has a brother-in-law who is a computer
    genius, and a neighbor kid down the street who can do the same job for ten
    bucks!
    Ghost, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Ghost

    NerdBoy Guest

    Damn how I hate that line !!! Pisses me off big time, and what is worse is
    when you have spent an inordinate amount of time on their problem and they
    get mad when you say you will charge them, because they are FAMILY, and by
    God they should get it for free (I'm giving an exact quote here of a family
    member's conversation with me :))

    "JK_Deth" <> wrote in message
    > Yep had few sister-in-laws as well. One line I here pretty frequently goes
    > like this:
    >
    > My (insert in-law, uncle, cousin, uncle's cousin's in-law, etc) works with
    > computer and he makes (insert atronomically high figure per

    hour/week/year)
    NerdBoy, Aug 26, 2003

  3. My usual response to that one is "Then why are you calling me?"

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me
    "JK_Deth" <> wrote in message
    > Yep had few sister-in-laws as well. One line I here pretty frequently goes
    > like this:
    >
    > My (insert in-law, uncle, cousin, uncle's cousin's in-law, etc) works with
    > computer and he makes (insert atronomically high figure per

    hour/week/year)
    > and he (or she) says there's nothing wrong with my computer.
    >
    > "Kathy" <> wrote in message
    > > And the sister-in-laws are involved in this too! *LOL*
    > > (same here, no offense to real techs who happen to be sister-in-laws

    :))

    Simon Telrenner, Aug 26, 2003